Ybr 125, out of my depth!

Liveware Problem

Quick chain test - try pull the link off the back of the sprocket. If it comes off more than a couple of mm it's worn :). Glad you're sorted mate with the alignment mate, you'll be able to do the whole thing in 5 minutes in no time!

Quick chain test - try pull the link off the back of the sprocket. If it comes off more than a couple of mm it's worn :). Glad you're sorted mate with the alignment mate, you'll be able to do the whole thing in 5 minutes in no time!

Wouldn't surprise me if it's worn, I don't think this bike has seen a great deal of routine maintenance :?

I was being really dense (as people were too polite to suggest), I needed to loosen both sides of the axle nuts to slide the wheel forwards..

Haha now your posts make sense!!

You only had one side moving - that's the reason you push the wheel forwards first to make sure it's free to move then use the adjusters to pull it back and align... You basically only had one adjuster working!!

I was being really dense (as people were too polite to suggest), I needed to loosen both sides of the axle nuts to slide the wheel forwards..

Haha now your posts make sense!!

You only had one side moving - that's the reason you push the wheel forwards first to make sure it's free to move then use the adjusters to pull it back and align... You basically only had one adjuster working!!

Exactly, I'd taken the instructions very literally :oops:

If the rear wheel comes off on the way to work tomorrow I'll be sure to let you know :P

Should have googled Delboys Garage.

Chain Adjustment on a Suzuki Bandit.

Although I make little adjustments on each side in turn until I'm happy with the chain play.

Also might be an idea to check the chain in regards to needing adjusted after every 250-300 miles.

You should be cleaning and lubing the chain frequently at this time of year therefore should be able to check the play whilst you are cleaning it.

After doing the procedure on two or three occasions it will become second nature.

It does get easier, I also have a ybr 125 and until well about 2 days ago had no real experience with anything mechanical or engine related beyond filling the washer bottle on the car.

So this weekend I replaced chain, sprockets, brakes, air filter and spark plug then repaired a hole in the exhaust and tbh it wasn't anywhere near as difficult as I thought it would be, so I made a couple of mistakes along the way such as putting the chain tensioner back on the wrong way which meant taking the wheel back off to sort it.

as long as you follow what it says in the Haynes book, it should all be pretty easy