I wear my 2 piece leathers nearly all the time, only recently that i havent as i bought biker jeans.

Ive seen first hand what the road can do to you so id prefer to get a bit hot. i like my skin.

There are new trousers on the market I cant remember what they are called but watched some guy use an electric sander on them while wearing them, they seemed pretty good. I am looking to upgrade my kit, feel its time for a change.

Bike jeans if it's warm , only the last couple of years though, on a trip abroad couple of years back it was red hot and I had leathers on , it was the most uncomfortable I've been on a bike ,was sweating like a blind lesbian in a fish market.

Seeing the topic and original poster, I had the odds of this being about biker leathers at 1:10.

Textiles for me at the moment, but I have some jeans and will be getting a darker jacket, possibly leather, for shorter trips or when I don't want to get changed at the other end. Current outfit was picked for visibility and waterproofness when commuting, but I've had a few comments along the lines of "should be on an adventure bike"...

Seeing the topic and original poster, I had the odds of this being about biker leathers at 1:10.

Textiles for me at the moment, but I have some jeans and will be getting a darker jacket, possibly leather, for shorter trips or when I don't want to get changed at the other end. Current outfit was picked for visibility and waterproofness when commuting, but I've had a few comments along the lines of "should be on an adventure bike"...

you can laugh at them in the summer.. when your light coloured suit keeps you cooler in the sun than the more usual black. 8-)

i have no Bike Leathers at all.. mainly due to practicality, for my purposes leathers are not a practical option.

I wouldn't give a damn what people said mate. Wear whatever you want, it is nowt to do with anyone else. To hell with the people making snide comments. I don't use leather at all because of my personal beliefs and sure, many folks slag me down but I don't care. I like the look of them kevlar jeans actually.

At the moment I am using what ever trousers I am in, they do provide some protection most are modded protection. Textile jackets and a leather one around here somewhere, don't you find most jackets have pathetic protection? Mine has a softer foam than a washing up sponge in the back and silly polystyrene joints.

I used to go out in just long sleeve tops well normal clothes.

Does colour actually make any difference?

Always read mixed reviews.

For spring/summer I'm thinking of a brown leather jacket rather than the usual black.

I have had all different colours

sweat my bollocks off in all of them in summer!

I wouldn't give a damn what people said mate. Wear whatever you want, it is nowt to do with anyone else. To hell with the people making snide comments. I don't use leather at all because of my personal beliefs and sure, many folks slag me down but I don't care. I like the look of them kevlar jeans actually.

That's the approach I'm taking, certainly for commuting at this time of year, where being seen, dry and warm are my main priorities!

Instructors at my bike school liked the odd dig about McEwan and Boorlie, but if it wasn't the clothes there'd have been banter about something else, and I gave as good as I got! They've organised a curry next week for a whole load of their recent pupils, and will be doing some ride outs when the weather improves (wimps), so they're a good bunch.