Question for parents

painkiller

Sorry to post here but im looking for experience over reading.

My girl a couple months back got a rash the quack says its eczema (?) but its all over her body. Tried allergen food restrictions dairy, wheat, gluten etc but it fails to change, it drops back then flares up again. So itchy all the time and cant get her to sleep anymore, we rub in all the creams given time after time but nothing changes. Any experience help, you will have a very grateful painkiller.

I have not slept in so long, or in my own bed for that matter king size bed and no daddy space left. :crybaby:

My daughter is 21 next week :shock:

She's suffered all her life with eczema/psoriorsis (can't spell that!)

We tried everything!

The only thing that works is sunshine 8-)

Take her abroad it clears up by the second day.

It is slowly improving with age

Skin rashes can appear for many reasons.

Tried changing your washing powder/liquid? Bio or non-bio...

Red meat can trigger it too.

Sunshine helps with most things, so long as you can keep her hydrated.

I'd say it's unlikely to be vit d related. Normally vit d deficiency symptoms are very tired, feeling weak and "foggy" head. My mum gets vit d injections every few months, she can tell when she needs one because she feels so much weaker.

Simply drinking more water, less sugar can help too.

Good luck!

Not a parent however have been through possibly the same thing as your daughter when I was in my late teens. Rash over my entire body from the neck down, inc soles of feet and palms of hands. Extremely itchy and painful, could not sleep, had to have cold showers because the heat made it worse. Few pints a night took the edge off sometimes though not really an option for kids! Was treated with an array of pills and creams, inc scabies treatment (which hurt like :evil: ), nothing worked. Eventually got dermotologist referral - for 9 months down the line. Of course it was all gone by then.

Sorry, not much help. I sympathise and hope you get a solution soon.