Caught 14 times by the same camera in 2 months

TC1474

Shame :roll:. As you say 'professional driver' yet doesn't have the awareness to notice a bright yellow box at the side of the road at least once in 14 occasions. Some taxi drivers think the law doesn't apply to them, funny that the only problems I've had when filtering is from taxi drivers

Ugh I hate self entitled dickheads like that. You were doing between 39 - 45 mph in a 30. It does not matter if you were "keeping up with the flow of the traffic" you were speeding.

Suck it up.

Serves him right.

Way too many people think 30mph actually means they can do 40mph. Pretty sure councils will end up making everywhere 20moh in response :-/

Most residential streets in Nottingham City are already 20, but not the suburbs in the surrounding local authority areas. Main through roads are a mix of 30 and 40 though. To be honest, I think that enforcement of the existing limits is a better option, and there are quite a lot of average speed cameras around here now, plus traffic light/speed ones like the one which caught out the "victim" in this story.

The way I see it, the limits in built up areas are there for a reason, so I try to abide by them.

This driver was obviously driving most of the time with complete disregard for the law.

To be caught by one camera 14 times! He must have been speeding lots of times in all the areas where there are no speed cameras. Meaning he was driving all the time at well in excess of the speed limit.

49mph actual recorded speed would most likely equate to a displayed speed of 55mph+ He's travelling at not far off double the speed limit.

What annoys me is the reduced speed limits that are being introduced on many roads, 50 + 40 on roads that were 60mph. These are often introduced in response to a high number of accidents, often most of which were caused by drivers not obeying the existing speed limits.

Serves him right.

Way too many people think 30mph actually means they can do 40mph. Pretty sure councils will end up making everywhere 20moh in response :-/

Many London boroughs have gone all 20mph now.

More chance of finding rocking horse s*it than seeing anyone doing less than 30

What annoys me is the reduced speed limits that are being introduced on many roads, 50 + 40 on roads that were 60mph. These are often introduced in response to a high number of accidents, often most of which were caused by drivers not obeying the existing speed limits.

Has bugger all to do with that now.

Since the need to consult the Police on speed limits was removed about 15 years ago, local authorities have used it as a means for their engineers to justify their existence, and in fact in many cases where speed limits have been reduced on the grounds of increased safety, the crash rate has actually increased.

Unlike the Police they do not di an 85 percentile check and and they do not go back through the pink sheets to check the accident statistics before they bring new limits in,

It is all about them justifying their existence :x

Has bugger all to do with that now.

Since the need to consult the Police on speed limits was removed about 15 years ago, local authorities have used it as a means for their engineers to justify their existence, and in fact in many cases where speed limits have been reduced on the grounds of increased safety, the crash rate has actually increased.

Unlike the Police they do not di an 85 percentile check and and they do not go back through the pink sheets to check the accident statistics before they bring new limits in,

It is all about them justifying their existence :x

And ruining it for us bikers :roll:

That guy is a muppet.

However I don't like the idea of average speed cameras in 20 zones and even many 30 zones a's it just means people will be driving around with their eyes glued to the speedo instead of on the road.

He should know better as a taxi driver, but it's not the crime of the century otherwise your granny would be in jail. They are the worst for doing 40mph everywhere, regardless of speed limit.

The reason he got caught so many times is simple, he knew the camera was there but thought it was a traffic light camera, so he ignored it. I'm not quite sure how when "traffic light camera" flashes at you 14 times whilst you are going through a green light, you don't twig that actually it might be a speed camera, but hey I suspect he's not got all the lights on upstairs.

If your livelihood absolutely depends on you having a licence then you should drive 100% to the traffic laws.

While i would have some sympathy his whole attitude makes me think screw him.

If your livelihood absolutely depends on you having a licence then you should drive 100% to the traffic laws.

This.

I love it when sales reps and the like begin pleading "my car is essential to my livelihood" after being caught drink driving.

But that's exactly the excuse the pikey travellers use to allow them to drive untaxed uninsured cars and park them anywhere they like.. "can't take my car/van away, it's my life".... And they get away with it all the time.

But that's exactly the excuse the pikey travellers use to allow them to drive untaxed uninsured cars and park them anywhere they like.. "can't take my car/van away, it's my life".... And they get away with it all the time.

WELP just gonna have to burn 'em all.

WELP just gonna have to burn 'em all.

And their cars/vans too :popcorn: :popcorn: