first bike

ok so I know this question has more than likely been asked many times over but that`s not going to stop me :D

im looking at what to get for my first bike! ive been to my local dealers with the view of a sportsbike (600rr) which I was told would be fine although I had my reservations on this due to me being a novice!

I sat on a few and found the street triple r to be the one I felt most at home with and after browsing the net daily im falling in love with it more and more!

so the point is........ am I a manic for considering the triple r???

bearing in mind this could all change after a test ride of course!

As Hoggs said its you that makes it go as fast as you want it to .

if you park up and as your walking away from bike you turn round and look at it and it don't make you grin you bought the wrong one so get something you like :thumb:

I think it's a bl**dy stupid idea.......what would be better is that you buy the Striple R and then ship it to me and I'll look after it for you......This would remove any risk for you....... :wink: :lol: :lol:

I think it's a bl**dy stupid idea.......what would be better is that you buy the Striple R and then ship it to me and I'll look after it for you......This would remove any risk for you....... :wink: :lol: :lol:

as long as you cover the monthly payments!! :D

this is what im looking at.

http://www.shirlaws.com/pages/used/used-bikes/2016-16-TRIUMPH-STREET%20TRIPLE%20R-675cc/585ad8268d8c1dcb.htm

I was expecting an ear bashing to be honest so i`m pretty pleased with the responses so far :D

I jumped straight on my ninja after passing so can't really tell you not to buy the bike of your dreams :cheers:

I was expecting an ear bashing to be honest so i`m pretty pleased with the responses so far :D

I jumped straight on my ninja after passing so can't really tell you not to buy the bike of your dreams :cheers:

were you not crapping yourself??? :o

yup :lol: Oh actually I jumped on the OHs R6 for the first week until I found mine. that was terrifying as it's mint :lol: Just take it nice and easy. didn't do much filtering for the first few weeks just nice and gentle everywhere.

:thumb:

yup :lol: Oh actually I jumped on the OHs R6 for the first week until I found mine. that was terrifying as it's mint :lol: Just take it nice and easy. didn't do much filtering for the first few weeks just nice and gentle everywhere.

:thumb:

filtering meaning through traffic? lol

as long as you cover the monthly payments!! :D

this is what im looking at.

http://www.shirlaws.com/pages/used/used-bikes/2016-16-TRIUMPH-STREET%20TRIPLE%20R-675cc/585ad8268d8c1dcb.htm

That's a lovely bike, have you done insurance quotes with the mods declared?

I'm also looking for my first bike, i had my heart set on a new CB650F or a Triple R however knowing that the chances of dropping the bike in the first year or so is very high i think i'll be going for something a couple of years older and upgrade after a year or two. Worth thinking about?

+1 Most of the above.

I bought a GPZ900 immediately after passing my test. Within half an hour I was trying to max it on the motorway (no speed cameras back in them days). Couldn't spend too long doing it as I had to be back at school for afternoon lessons. :-)

I had a street triple r within a year of starting riding, no problem at all, linear power etc.

Just bare in mind that it is capable of going much faster than you are and don't get ahead of yourself.

I'm planning to buy another one soon, best bike I've had aside from my Tiger 800.

Two amazing bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing necessarily wrong with a big bike as your first, it depends more on how it's set up and how it delivers it's power. Also, too much can hamper your development as a rider as you become lazy and reliant on the power between the bends. The MT09 or a Tuono twin for example I could never recommend to a newbie. The MT isn't the fastest bike it the world but it's snappy and liable to bite you if you do't get it right. The street triple is quick and handles very well but it's reasonably predictable rather than a snarling mad beast. I think you're fine with a street triple as long as you remain sensible. Just don't get over excited on a twisty road. As a newbie corners can really rush up as you're enjoying the rush and you're in the corner before you know it but that is entirely down to you rather than the choice of bike, the same can happen on an ER6.

I don't think the 600RR is the best choice for a new biker though. It's very peaky and the suspension is a little harsh. It is manageable as the power is all up top but I think the 600F makes a better rounded road bike, the RR is better on track.

Nothing necessarily wrong with a big bike as your first, it depends more on how it's set up and how it delivers it's power. Also, too much can hamper your development as a rider as you become lazy and reliant on the power between the bends. The MT09 or a Tuono twin for example I could never recommend to a newbie. The MT isn't the fastest bike it the world but it's snappy and liable to bite you if you do't get it right. The street triple is quick and handles very well but it's reasonably predictable rather than a snarling mad beast. I think you're fine with a street triple as long as you remain sensible. Just don't get over excited on a twisty road. As a newbie corners can really rush up as you're enjoying the rush and you're in the corner before you know it but that is entirely down to you rather than the choice of bike, the same can happen on an ER6.

I don't think the 600RR is the best choice for a new biker though. It's very peaky and the suspension is a little harsh. It is manageable as the power is all up top but I think the 600F makes a better rounded road bike, the RR is better on track.

I had my heart set on 600rr but I feel the stripple is the more sensible choice! all the video reviews ive watched have mentioned how easy a bike it is to ride so that with the fact im no speed demon anymore makes it a good idea on paper.

It's not because it's a big bike 600cc but the price tag on it. How can you imagine gaining a confidence on a brand new shiny machine ? Not worry of potential drop or twisties with stones scratching your shiny pricey spotless machine nor weather you should have, but worry of new gained skills not yet perfected... I choose my first bike to trash it and it's what I did/still do. Not worry about dropping or crashing and losing money as I didn't pay a lot for it [in my personal opinion] Buy a bike you won't cry when it's gone. I bought my bike in mind that it won't survive a month...almost 4 years later still here, me and my 2 pounds worth bike :wink: :D

If I ever get a second bike I would not consider new/expensive one because I wouldn't not be able to relax and enjoy it. I just do not want to trust myself as that would ruin my riding bike life adventures. But that's just me :D

It's not because it's a big bike 600cc but the price tag on it. How can you imagine gaining a confidence on a brand new shiny machine ? Not worry of potential drop or twisties with stones scratching your shiny pricey spotless machine nor weather you should have, but worry of new gained skills not yet perfected... I choose my first bike to trash it and it's what I did/still do. Not worry about dropping or crashing and losing money as I didn't pay a lot for it [in my personal opinion] Buy a bike you won't cry when it's gone. I bought my bike in mind that it won't survive a month...almost 4 years later still here, me and my 2 pounds worth bike :wink: :D

If I ever get a second bike I would not consider new/expensive one because I wouldn't not be able to relax and enjoy it. I just do not want to trust myself as that would ruin my riding bike life adventures. But that's just me :D

Weirdo