Desperate for help with my 125

Guest classifiedmoto

So I've got a 125 and recently over the last two weeks I've noticed that in 4th when accelerating there's a very mild hesitation barely noticeable but when I get into 5th on full throttle and get to around 50mph if I ease off throttle to go around a bend for example and then accelerate again whilst still in 5th there's a second of hesitation and you can really feel it then it will pick up again. It feels like for a second it completely loses power

I've not done any performance mods it's got stock filter stock exhaust

I don't know anyone who knows about bikes and my knowledge is a bit limited so I'd really appreciate some help

Thanks

Is it fuel injection? I think it's normal for them to be a little less smooth on acceleration - which means it'll feel like the first part of the throttle turn does nothing then it jerks back to life.

N.B. I think someone needs to confirm this though.

It's a Lexmoto valiant. And before everyone says it's because it's Chinese, it's got a Suzuki engine and it's never missed a beat until this

Looks EXACTLY like the engine I had on my sinnis. Which I'm pretty sure is a Suzuki engine built under license (Ollie correct me if I'm wrong). So they have the design and are allowed to build it. but they use poor quality parts/labour to do so usually causing issues.

Have you taken it to a dealer to have a look at? Is it under warranty?

Engine is a Suzy clone

ENGINE

ENGINE SIZE :124.53 cc

ENGINE :Single Cylinder, 4 Stroke Air Cooled

ENGINE BRAND :K157FMI - GS

BORE X STROKE :57 x 48.8

COMPRESSION RATIO :9.5:1

From the Lex web site

Thanks for the replies. Not taken it to the dealer as it's quite far away from where I live which is why I'm trying to figure it out myself. Plus the guy is a nightmare to get hold of

Is it fuel injection? I think it's normal for them to be a little less smooth on acceleration - which means it'll feel like the first part of the throttle turn does nothing then it jerks back to life.

N.B. I think someone needs to confirm this though.

I'll confirm this :D

I find small FI engines feel fussy - like minor hesitation at light throttle setting. Then it pulls once you get past it.

I did think about dropping gear in the corner but yesterday I did it on a straight, full throttle got to 55mph let go of the throttle for a second then tried to hit the throttle again and it cut out and hesitated then pulled it back

I did think about dropping gear in the corner but yesterday I did it on a straight, full throttle got to 55mph let go of the throttle for a second then tried to hit the throttle again and it cut out and hesitated then pulled it back

How long is it taking to start accelerating again once you open the throttle?

No I just mean I release my hand so it's not in full throttle and let it go to close-shouldn't I do that. I'm new to riding only been riding 6 months

So you are letting go of the grip and letting the twistgrip spring back? No, you shouldn't do that. You should be keeping hold of the handlebar and rolling the throttle shut just enough so as to stop the engine screaming when you pull in the clutch. Certainly don't wait for the revs to drop right off before changing gear. The whole process of changing gear should take a fraction of a second with the revs barely dropping off.

Carbs have a mild hesitation when going from 0 to open throttle as it passes through different jets. Perhaps this is what you're noticing and making a big problem out of something normal??

Think maybe that's something I need to work on then and be smoother with it. If it's not that do you have any ideas what it might be? Could it be air filter needing a clean or chain adjusting...it only does it in 5th

Yeah it's tru that when I was testing it I was going full throttle then releasing the throttle and then trying to accelerate straight away so I'm guessing that it's that that would cause it-am I right?

The bike is always going to behave better when it's ridden as it's supposed to be. Research the proper way to change gears, and practice being smoother, it may be at least part of your problem.

Yeah it's tru that when I was testing it I was going full throttle then releasing the throttle and then trying to accelerate straight away so I'm guessing that it's that that would cause it-am I right?

Yes. That will be your issue. If it still does it when being smoother, clean your carb.

To clean the carbs I've heard that you can spray carb cleaner directly into the air intake but I've heard it's bad to do that too. I'm not mechanically inclined enough to feel confident taking the Carb apart. Can I spray carb cleaner and would it work

Also, I've just been for a ride got to full throttle and then didn't let go of throttle completely just eased off it to go around the corner then applied the throttle again and it did the same? Could there be another issue