Knee Pads

bmwdave

Not just for the bike, but any DIY job round the house. My concession to age at my wife's nagging, I got a pair this week at B&Q. Mine are SITE nylon covered gel knee pads, and what a difference to working on my knees. Dont need to stand up every 5 minutes to walk round so job goes quicker and easier to do a good job when youre not in pain or rushing to finish before the knees insist they've done their days work. Defo a good investment, and perhaps if I'd bought a pair 30-40 years ago my knees wouldn't be in the state they are now.

I bought a pair of Aldi's DIY/workwear trousers and accompanying knee pad inserts a while ago and they're great - my old scruffy trousers had had enough, but having knee pads turns out to be very useful! For example when putting the rim tape on my bike's wheels today, I was happily able to kneel on the tarmac without having to shift a pad around every time I moved. Reckon I'd find separate ones too much hassle to bother half the time though.

When I was a choir boy the priest used to make all of us wear knee pads :shock:

I would of thought he would make do with a hassock. :roll:

( sorry :offtopic: )

I have an old pair of ex NCB kneepads. I still use them occasionally when I go exploring underground but they are nearly worse than not having kneepads. Really horrible. I have no idea why I just posted this, it is no help whatsoever. Sorry.

I have an old pair of ex NCB kneepads. I still use them occasionally when I go exploring underground but they are nearly worse than not having kneepads. Really horrible. I have no idea why I just posted this, it is no help whatsoever. Sorry.

Do you still have the donkey jacket too?

Must be collector's items now :crybaby:

I do! In fact I have two. One a used one, and the other still in the plastic wrapping, totally unused, which me dad got out the stores at Ashington Colliery but never wore. I might wear it on my bike as it has that Hi Viz panel on the back ;)

I do! In fact I have two. One a used one, and the other still in the plastic wrapping, totally unused, which me dad got out the stores at Ashington Colliery but never wore. I might wear it on my bike as it has that Hi Viz panel on the back ;)

Did you see the TV programme before Xmas on Kellingley (big K) shutting?

Very moving n well made.

Death of an industry and all that.

Did you see the TV programme before Xmas on Kellingley (big K) shutting?

Very moving n well made.

Death of an industry and all that.

I didn't Neil as I don't own a television set but I did hear about it. Maybe I can see it on the iPlayer thing. My da would like to see that I'm sure. Cheers!

Watch it.

It's a 2 parter. Anyone with any connection with mining will be heart broken.

Plus it gives an insight into another world for those who don't.

Not overly political either.

As I recall SHE only gets mentioned a couple of times.

Watch it.

image.jpeg.2c92ef214b3b95d7afe3497c713606c2.jpeg

Watch it.

Ah yes...Thatcher. Is she still burning in hell? One would hope that a thousand deceased ex-miners are shovelling the coal onto her satanic fire.