That thread that went off on a tangent about Thatcher

NeilM

Ah yes...Thatcher. Is she still burning in hell? One would hope that a thousand deceased ex-miners are shovelling the coal onto her satanic fire.

I rarely do political.... Thatcher made many tough decisions when she left, the country was in a better state then when she became PM....

Look at what followed.

16797743_10154839014132881_8567197329947514604_o.thumb.jpg.728d0ab5a852e843f4ab33e582c7c40e.jpg

If only our politicians today could actually do the same, make decisions and get on with the job in hand.

Instead of worrying about pleasing every one..

Ah yes...Thatcher. Is she still burning in hell? One would hope that a thousand deceased ex-miners are shovelling the coal onto her satanic fire.

I rarely do political.... Thatcher made many tough decisions when she left, the country was in a better state then when she became PM....

I have to disagree strongly with you there old chap.

Many areas in the country may have prospered under Thatcher but others were decimated.

Look at what followed.

16797743_10154839014132881_8567197329947514604_o.jpg

If only our politicians today could actually do the same, make decisions and get on with the job in hand.

Instead of worrying about pleasing every one..

Also.

Please do not have the audacity to bring Blair's lying into it.

The Hillsborough enquiry ring any bells?

Oh by the way.

The lying there will be nothing compared to when the truth finally comes out about Orgreave. Remember that? When she tried to start a civil war. Was it covered in the south?

Anyway don't do politics.. lol

Ding dong

Have to disagree strongly with you there old chap.

Some areas prospered under Thatcher but others were decimated.

Not arguing I grew up in the north I have felt and seen some of the turmoil left behind, even if I was not in the thick of it. Just think she gets victimised far more than required it's almost a fashion statement..

Big changes and losing any industry is going to cause problems so is supporting them just to keep jobs. Politicians to get elected need to please every one to be good need to make decisions that wont. There will always be 2 sides.

Even now May cannot go into negotiations telling the Truth...

Same as selling your house you believe its worth £100 you market it for £110 what you dont say is but know is it needs to be sold in 2 months and you need to get £50. Now she is being asked to give away all her negotiating chips before starting the talks...

Oh sorry yeah this is just about thatcher yeah she was terrible as terrible as any other politician....

We will agree to disagree?

I'm certainly not into internet key board arguments.

We all have differing viewpoints and views which most definitely won't be altered via this forum.

Must say though. In my case it's not a fashion statement. I was brought up in a mill town which during the 80's was no longer a mill town. Several of my cousins and an uncle were out during the entire 84 strike. So I saw it.

Anyway no rows.

Peace

Ding dong

Thatcher and Coal Mining in the same thread

:tumble: :tumble:

I'm an ex-new labour supporter and lean more lib-dems these days.

Labour in the 70's were useless. She had a job to do but had no compassion for the people that she really screwed, and some would say couldn't even understand the hurt that she caused.

She did some good but a lot of bad. Biggest error was selling council homes IMO but not building any new ones to replace them. This is hitting us big time now.

Coal mining was in its death rows but the militant unions failed to see this, Heath tried too tackle it but didn't build up any stock piles so was ousted after the strikes and blackouts. She didn't make that mistake

Blair tried to carry on Thatcher Mk2. Again he did a lot of good but failed to see the housing crisis that was seriously brewing.

All PM/MP's regardless of colour make successes and fcukups in equal measure.

May is playing the cards dealt to her. Will Brexit be a success? Jury is still out. We may not know until 10 years have passed

Peace and Love :cheers:

I hold equal loathing for all political parties and their enthusiasts. I hold opinions that span the political spectrum, there is no one party that could appeal for my vote. If a politico does her/his job and busts a gut for the constituency they earn my respect regardless of rosette colour. There's not many of them though, especially my MP (who's an utter tool), so I don't bother voting now.

I used to enjoy a good debate about politics but its been killed by social media and people believing they have the right not to be offended.

I hold equal loathing for all political parties and their enthusiasts. I hold opinions that span the political spectrum, there is no one party that could appeal for my vote. If a politico does her/his job and busts a gut for the constituency they earn my respect regardless of rosette colour. There's not many of them though, especially my MP (who's an utter tool), so I don't bother voting now.

I used to enjoy a good debate about politics but its been killed by social media and people believing they have the right not to be offended.

This post pretty much sums up my views, although I'd like to admit I've changed my mind about Theresa May, when she first took over I thought she could be Emperor Palpatines sister

Turns out I was wrong, Sith Lords are politically astute so that rules her out.

Blimey.. all of this just because I mentioned my dad's old NCB knee pads! :roll:

Yep

All your fault :D

I have dug out the old NCB donkey jacket. I am going to wear it to work just for a laugh... and will await the questions from the young'uns at work..."Hey Dean, what does NCB mean?"...