Module 2 - members test experiences

Hi ppl

Just to let you all know the bad news had my first attempt at mod two today and failed got 2 minors for road positioning 2 minors for undue hesitation ( 1 at a major to minor junction and 1 for not pulling away whilst road was clear little did examiner know it was his car blocking my view as he wasn't pulled in to the curb behind the car I had pulled up in front of ) finally missed my right hand life savers on 3 major to minor turns so made 3 minors into a major and the last one was about 5-7 minutes before the end of the test and I was cursing myself as soon as I had made the turn.

To tell you all the truth my nerves was shot as only had about 5 hours sleep as brain was working over time and I kept waking up and what killed me was I had to wait outside of the test centre as one of my instructors other pupils was on his mod 2 the slot before mine and as I went in he told me he had passed so extra pressure on me then and it turned out to be that bit too much also my learner period on my insurance policy runs out tomorrow and insurance is ceased immediately so have to see if my instructor can put my burgman 400 on his training school policy now. Also I now have to wait 2 weeks to retake my test and I'm going to insist that I'm not hanging around the test centre this time

Bad luck mate......but stick with it, you'll soon get your full A license...... 8-)

Hi ppl

Just to update you all as this site has helped a lot and as mentioned I had my 2nd mod 2 today got 2 minors for hesitation 2 minors for positioning and 2 minors for right hand life savers fo in total 6 minors so I passed yay full a2 coming my way and already to hit the road for a ride out on the weekend

Hi ppl

Just to update you all as this site has helped a lot and as mentioned I had my 2nd mod 2 today got 2 minors for hesitation 2 minors for positioning and 2 minors for right hand life savers fo in total 6 minors so I passed yay full a2 coming my way and already to hit the road for a ride out on the weekend

Excellent mate!

YOu say A2, double check that - it should be A on yours! I only mention it as Liveware Problem mentioned a similar thing :)

(A2 is restricted)

congrats Richard :cheers: Real learning starts here, safe riding keep it shiny side up :mrgreen:

YOu say A2, double check that - it should be A on yours! I only mention it as Liveware Problem mentioned a similar thing :)

(A2 is restricted)

If my old memory serves Richard was doing it on a scooter so I believe as it's under a certain power it's A2 only.

And thanks guys also not bloody kidding about the real learning as was coming home at six tonight doing 40 mph and some idiot pulled out of the garage forecourt in a black car with no lights on right in front of me forcing me to swerve onto the other side of the road or I would have been bonnet surfing

Hoggs is always right :mrgreen:

but yeah sadly you'll get a lot of people pulling out in front of you, your hawk sixth sense vision will develop at a great rate! any turns, driveways etc always expect someone to pull out and adjust your speed and position accordingly so when it does happen you'll be ready.

riding in London I expect everyone to kill me at any opportunity :lol:

Passed my Mod 2 today in Gillingham (Kent) with 3 minors, 2 for wobbling a bit doing a left then immediate right junction, and one for forgetting to cancel an indicator.

On the test I came out of the centre, crossed one roundabout ok, and then I just started to feel the nerves and shake a little bit, so clutch and throttle were awful to begin with. Then on the next roundabout (Bowaters about 20 yds from the last) I inexplicably cancelled the indicator early rather than just leaving it alone... I felt I made a mess of the next item, the stop/start behind a car, so thinking I failed I thought I may as well enjoy the ride, as I couldn't afford to take another test for a little while anyway.

Apart from the wobble and noticing the indicator the only other thing I worried about was making progress, as was in a 50 Dual carriageway doing about 45 behind another car, but didn't want to try and overtake as there was a few other cars gong past way over the limit. Being told I had passed whn I got back was a very pleasant surprise.

Can't thank Woody and Dave at MKMT in Aylesford enough, they were very patient with me, especially after I fell off 2 hours before my Mod 1 in November and broke my elbow... Being able to read tips from you guys as well was a great help.

I won't be able to afford a bike for a few months, so plenty of time to convince the wife that "Z1000SX" means it is a starter bike :angel12:

Passed my Mod 2 today in Gillingham (Kent) with 3 minors, 2 for wobbling a bit doing a left then immediate right junction, and one for forgetting to cancel an indicator.

On the test I came out of the centre, crossed one roundabout ok, and then I just started to feel the nerves and shake a little bit, so clutch and throttle were awful to begin with. Then on the next roundabout (Bowaters about 20 yds from the last) I inexplicably cancelled the indicator early rather than just leaving it alone... I felt I made a mess of the next item, the stop/start behind a car, so thinking I failed I thought I may as well enjoy the ride, as I couldn't afford to take another test for a little while anyway.

Apart from the wobble and noticing the indicator the only other thing I worried about was making progress, as was in a 50 Dual carriageway doing about 45 behind another car, but didn't want to try and overtake as there was a few other cars gong past way over the limit. Being told I had passed whn I got back was a very pleasant surprise.

Can't thank Woody and Dave at MKMT in Aylesford enough, they were very patient with me, especially after I fell off 2 hours before my Mod 1 in November and broke my elbow... Being able to read tips from you guys as well was a great help.

I won't be able to afford a bike for a few months, so plenty of time to convince the wife that "Z1000SX" means it is a starter bike :angel12:

Well done matey :cheers: :thumb: