My 2004 R1

Bob

This is my current bike , :cheers: R1 2004...jpg

What's your bike history like Bob, I imagine you may have had a few? the R1 the favourite or do you still wistfully remember a bike of yesteryear?

I've had so many it's hard to remember,...passed my test in 61 on a scooter :roll: straightaway got a BSA Gold Star clubman,..I've had 3 pre-unit Bonnevilles 1960-61's..various fanny barnets,tiger cubs,royal enfields etc...the list is too long to put on here...then i went japanese...750 cbr Honda...early GSXR 750's and S'Rads..3 fireblades...(Great bikes)...my first R1 was a 1998....(Blue ) then another '98 (Red)...then a 2002 First of the fuel injected R1's......then a 2005 Fireblade..then a 2005 Tricked up R1(Ohlins suspension etc) then unfortunately i had a stroke.all my left side gone,sold the 2005 R1 :( 3 yrs later I'm better,moved to cornwall,got the itch again ,got a train back to london and rode a 1999 R1 back to cornwall...a year later i got a 954 Firebade (A Great Bike )...a year later i rode the fireblade from cornwall to hastings to px it for the 2004 R1 and rode that back over 700 miles in one day (Plenty of Paracetamol)...sorry for the long drawn out post ,i got carried away... :cheers:

sorry for the long drawn out post ,i got carried away... :cheers:

If it's bike chatter then it's never too long :mrgreen: ...although I don't see any kawasakis in the list..... :evil: (haha I am joking)

sorry for the long drawn out post ,i got carried away... :cheers:

If it's bike chatter then it's never too long :mrgreen: ...although I don't see any kawasakis in the list..... :evil: (haha I am joking)

Totally not joking.