Neighbours and noise fed up

Classickid21

Hi, all my neighbours keep complaing my bike is waken them up.... it has a baffle a foot long !!!

Recently they said i was revving it early morning constantly the bike wasn't moved for 2 weeks plus when i did get it out let the bike idle put my bike gear on then leave this was at 12 i left home by 4 ? What can i do ? Other then buy a new exhaust thats quiter,

Push it down the road and start it, so not to offend said neighbour, but each time you do this do this start it out side a different neighbours house :cheers: in for a penny in for a pound :D

If im out early on mine i push it down the street and around the corner before i start it. There is only a handful of houses here and the only other guy with bikes got rid last year so there is no blaming him for it anymore :lol:

I am at the top of a slope in a cul-de-sac and roll the bike out into the street before I start it. If they have claimed you were using your bike when you were not it sounds like they are out to pick a fight :(

If your bike is on private property, then they can complain to the council and the council can do various dB measurements at various times. If you are found to break their noise levels then they can tell you to stop.

If your bike is on a public road making noise, then the above does not apply. Instead people have to complain to the police about the noise.

Personally, as long as your not leaving it warming up for extended periods of time with a really loud exhaust, there is no problem in my eyes (or ears...). People can own a house all they want, but it does not entitle them to silence in the area surrounding their house.

Push it down the road and start it, so not to offend said neighbour, but each time you do this do this start it out side a different neighbours house :cheers: in for a penny in for a pound :D

then its just going to piss off other neighbors.

If im out early on mine i push it down the street and around the corner before i start it. There is only a handful of houses here and the only other guy with bikes got rid last year so there is no blaming him for it anymore :lol:

thats alright but i leave in a built up area i am not going out early either lol

I am at the top of a slope in a cul-de-sac and roll the bike out into the street before I start it. If they have claimed you were using your bike when you were not it sounds like they are out to pick a fight :(

i am at the bottom of a cul de sac, i was told they bullied the previous house owner out of the area (he had a loud sports car) theres another biker in the top of the cul de sac, comes home from work and revvs his bike then doesn't go out :S no ones complained about him. ( big biker gsxr)

3 doors up from him a another bike in his 60's old harley (no one complains to him) his bike idles and i can't even here my bike when running next to his.

If your bike is on private property, then they can complain to the council and the council can do various dB measurements at various times. If you are found to break their noise levels then they can tell you to stop.

If your bike is on a public road making noise, then the above does not apply. Instead people have to complain to the police about the noise.

Personally, as long as your not leaving it warming up for extended periods of time with a really loud exhaust, there is no problem in my eyes (or ears...). People can own a house all they want, but it does not entitle them to silence in the area surrounding their house.

next time i go out i will video my bike warming up and then leaving.i have purchased bigger baffle and some more wadding i am going to repack my exhaust, its all legal i have spoken with the police and they have said i am not doing anything wrong. unless i am coming and going from 11pm to 7am, they can't do anything. i am going to look up the legal db reading for noise

Pass your test and get a bike that doesn't sound like an angry bee trapped in a bottle!

since we last spoke that was the plan, i have a buyer lined up for the r125, once i pass my car test i am going to focus on DAS now i am at the right age for it finally :D :D :angel12:

If your exhaust is all legal, and you are not reving it and messing around, then regardless of what time you are going/leaving am not sure what the police would do to be honest.

then its just going to piss off other neighbors.

No way Sherlock :roll:

Similar issue here https://www.fixmystreet.com/report/338239

As far as I can fathom, if your exhaust is road legal, your not being a dick speeding or revving unnecessarily and you push your bike onto the street before you start it, then neither the council or the police can do a thing.

Your neighbours need the sticks removing from their arses.