Neighbours and noise fed up

Classickid21

Ask them what they suggest you do. Clearly they have an opinion but if that involves not riding your bike they are being totally unreasonable. Point this out to them. Put them in a position where they realise they are being stupid - no need to tell them.

Tell them acceptable noise levels are set by law, and it they think you are being unlawful, they should report you, and get the council to measure the noise level. If your bike is road legal it won't breach acceptable levels and then you can, with proof and the backing of the council, tell them they are being unreasonable and tough titty.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Similar issue here https://www.fixmystreet.com/report/338239

As far as I can fathom, if your exhaust is road legal, your not being a dick speeding or revving unnecessarily and you push your bike onto the street before you start it, then neither the council or the police can do a thing.

Your neighbours need the sticks removing from their arses.

:popcorn: :popcorn:

That guy who complained What a w⚓

What's your routine when you set off?

Do you get the bike out and start it and then put your lid on, do your jacket up, put your gloves on etc etc.

If so try getting everything ready before you start the bike so you can ride off immediatley.

If herding small people around playgrounds taught me anything it's that in disputes neither side tells the full story and nobody is blameless. Oh, it also taught me never to care what the problem was because they'd be playing together by the following breaktime...so my suggestion is to pop round next door with a tub of vaseline and the board game Twister.

Similar issue here https://www.fixmystreet.com/report/338239

As far as I can fathom, if your exhaust is road legal, your not being a dick speeding or revving unnecessarily and you push your bike onto the street before you start it, then neither the council or the police can do a thing.

Your neighbours need the sticks removing from their arses.

i saw that before i posted on here. i seeked legal advice popped into local cop shop, they have told me theirs nothing for neighbors can do as i am not doing anything wrong its not out of the hours of noise. the desk jockys have also seen and heard the bike in person they didn't even hear my pull up ... i parked almost on the door ...... they looked it over no problems it has the stamps

If the exhaust is legal and you read this and avoid doing anything likely to cause annoyance

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2002/30/section/59

then you will be fine and your neighbours can just sit and seethe.

its got its stamp and if the neighbors keep moaning my solution is buy me a standard exhaust and ill use it.... but they have to pay for it. seems damn right fair but ill loose the love for my toy

What's your routine when you set off?

Do you get the bike out and start it and then put your lid on, do your jacket up, put your gloves on etc etc.

If so try getting everything ready before you start the bike so you can ride off immediatley.

yes thats what i am going to do from now

If herding small people around playgrounds taught me anything it's that in disputes neither side tells the full story and nobody is blameless. Oh, it also taught me never to care what the problem was because they'd be playing together by the following breaktime...so my suggestion is to pop round next door with a tub of vaseline and the board game Twister.

LOL

By the sound of it, you need to buy a better sounding bike or ask your neighbours to f*ck off :D

Yeah something with bit more grunt and go haha. I said to them to invest in some ear plugs or buy a new exhaust thats quiter

I wouldn't bother mate, leave it as is.

Is it just the 1 set of neighbours who have their pants in a bunch?

Yeah next door, i spoke to the nasty little scrote with the 206 with a 5/6" bore exhaust he said he has neighbors moan all year round and past 4 years complaing and he put a louder exhaust on it since they moaned.

He has no cat 3.5" all the way down to 5/6" back box sounds like a hunk of sh!t

Ive got 94 miles left of my running rebuild i am guna get the running in done then change my exhaust to a full stainless system at the moment its an standard exhaust with catless. Cut down with a slip on stainless down pipe and r6 exhaustpro race (no performance issues because the bike was never fast in the first place 58mph with baffle with out baffle 60mph keeping it at 6k revs still running in

I wouldn't be trying to make it quieter to be fair, my curtesy would extend as far as pushing it out of my garden and starting it there.

Bike used to be parked down the side of the house and there garage so it echos so i moved it on the other side of the drive way facing the wall they still moan!

They are so smug at the moment they think they own the cul de sac, they have family down here, also they now wont speak to me direct because i told them the law and i and i know my rights i told them to basicly do once very nicely calm no swearing telling them on private land they can't do jack sh!t so put up with the noise. So now they have been contacting land lord with lies. My bike hasn't moved for 3 days i apprently went out saturday and i hooned then bike out side there house ...... i was looking after my sisters kids at the weekend over side of hastings ??? I am buying a camera to record the bike at day time and night, i am also buying a small camera to go on my helmet

I went to the police last year about the them, i had them on film at 2/4 in the morning getting out front having a party both neighbors denied this and said i made all the noise.... i showed the police the noise and we all was issued with a noise warning .... because that makes sense

You rent, they own??

Tell them you will file the noise complaints yourself with the council. These then show up on searches conducted during house sales and have a negative impact on their house price. They will basically devalue their own property as nobody will want to live in an area with noisy neighbours...

You have the upper hand!!

Re contacting landlord ... i would be checking you're contract as most will have a clause regarding not causing any nuisance to the neighbours etc so as you are doing i would be able to provide evidence to support your side

Re contacting landlord ... i would be checking you're contract as most will have a clause regarding not causing any nuisance to the neighbours etc so as you are doing i would be able to provide evidence to support your side

Good advice but I reckon the landlord is unlikely to want to get involved. He's not going to want to cause problems with a reliable paying tenant, and he's not likely to care what the neighbours think as landlords are quite used to being hated by neighbours.

Sounds to me like the complaining neighbours want your house so they can move in the rest of their family so they are trying to make it uncomfortable for you to stay..

Edit:

an interesting read that you could print out and drop through the home owners letter boxes:

https://www.lovemoney.com/news/17728/how-rows-with-your-neighbours-could-hurt-your-house-price

If herding small people around playgrounds taught me anything it's that in disputes neither side tells the full story and nobody is blameless.

http://www.otib.co.uk/uploads/emoticons/default_whistle.gif

I went to the police last year about the them...

I've had same issue with my neighbour, she complained that my bike was revving loudly for 1 hour from 8am. If that was the case I'd of been late for work, I start at 8.30. I start it up at 8.15 put my gear on and set off at 8.20 every morning. My bikes a 125 so not exactly loud.

Council got involved and said there is no issue case closed.