Intermittent Speedo

Rik398

Gsf1250 - everything else on the clocks works fine, no flickering and no loss of function anywhere else, just that occasionally the speedometer says 0 mph it's Intermittent but more 0 than actually registering a speed.

I have had the speed sensor out and cleared out the godly mess that the front sprocket area tends to get but problem persists. Sensor itself not damaged or anything.

Next step will be the trace the wiring to the clocks and see if anything is loose.

Any known tips or tricks here. Am I right to assume that the clocks themselves are probably fine, and that the sensor is fine in that it occasionally registers something?

Thanks folks. Electrical stuff annoys me.

Found what I believe to be the speedo cable. Tracing the wire was a pain and I only got so far without having to take off an unproportional amount of stuff. But combining this with pictures of the connector online I think I found it.

Some water came out when I pulled the connection apart, so have sprayed some wd 40 in there and have left the connection open to dry for a bit.

Hoping that this was the issue. Definitely water in there and sensor itself, and clocks themselves working fine.

Thanks for the tip about harness no 2. Not sure the power is being interrupted though as time and trip remain unchanged so hopefully this is it, otherwise plan B.

• 2 weeks later...

Just as an update - It was water in the connection. Not sure how water got in there in the first place as it is the side that facing the ground when on its stand but sorted it anyway.