Hobbies..

Bob

Shotokan is the main one that takes up my spare time, graded for my 5th Kyu this weekend so now my weekly sessions shifts to 5. Taking the Springers out for a long walk is also a highlight of the day.

Means I've other interests not being attended to: I've got guitars that sit gathering dust now, a Playstation that barely remembers who I am, and piles of unread books. My sketchbook hasn't been touched in months and I've stopped writing for fun as I'm bored of it once I've clocked off doing it for cash.

Shotokan is the main one that takes up my spare time, graded for my 5th Kyu this weekend so now my weekly sessions shifts to 5. Taking the Springers out for a long walk is also a highlight of the day.

Means I've other interests not being attended to: I've got guitars that sit gathering dust now, a Playstation that barely remembers who I am, and piles of unread books. My sketchbook hasn't been touched in months and I've stopped writing for fun as I'm bored of it once I've clocked off doing it for cash.

Taking my Staff out isn't exactly a highlight,he's dodgy with other dogs,so i have to creep out early in the morning before everyone gets up :roll: dust those guitars down and start playing 'em cheers :cheers:

Shotokan is the main one that takes up my spare time, graded for my 5th Kyu this weekend so now my weekly sessions shifts to 5.

Ah-so, Mawsley-San. :D

Old Shotokan man myself - I used to train with Terry O'Neill, Bob Poynton, Frank Brennan et el back in the day. Got to 2nd Dan before relocating to somewhere with no KUGB club for miles around and eventually drifted away from it. Still miss it, but not quite enough to actually get my arse in gear and train. :lol:

Master Mawsley ...

image.jpeg.dad84ee5f1dd6c62b83b1e74957103ae.jpeg

Me and a few mates started a river widening club few years back , we go looking for rivers that we think need widening armed with our wellies and shovels and just make them wider :thumb:

I've taken up guitar pretty recently myself, trying to get at least 30 mins to an hour of practice in a day, only thing is, it's almost as expensive as riding a bike is!, I started out with a Squier that I was given, got it set up and was fine, then in January I treated myself to an awesome second hand Fender Strat in blue with a maple neck and a nice Roland practice amp but now I really want a sunburst Telecaster to go with it!.

Other end of the spectrum I've built a 00 gauge model railway system with digital control and sound.

Actually it is an ongoing project with many of the buildings and people representing real life. So when not doing bike stuff, shed beckons.

Shotokan is the main one that takes up my spare time, graded for my 5th Kyu this weekend so now my weekly sessions shifts to 5.

Ah-so, Mawsley-San. :D

Old Shotokan man myself - I used to train with Terry O'Neill, Bob Poynton, Frank Brennan et el back in the day. Got to 2nd Dan before relocating to somewhere with no KUGB club for miles around and eventually drifted away from it. Still miss it, but not quite enough to actually get my arse in gear and train. :lol:

The closer I get to Shodan the further away it seems to appear, grasping the full extent of what I don't know and all that. But then I'd happily just practise kata every session and not worry about grading.

The closer I get to Shodan the further away it seems to appear, grasping the full extent of what I don't know and all that. But then I'd happily just practise kata every session and not worry about grading.

I taught for about ten years, and the highest student drop-out rate was from 1st Kyu to 1st Dan. It's a huge step! Everyone thinks black belt means you're an expert, but in truth it just means you've mastered the basics. Stick with it mate. :thumb:

Hobbies? Main one is avoiding being shouted at. With two young kids and no family close by to help, any time i spend away doing hobbies like riding bikes is time I'm not helping with the kids which results in the missus having to do everything for them which normally results in me getting shouted at as she never gets time away from them to do her things...

I've taken up guitar pretty recently myself, trying to get at least 30 mins to an hour of practice in a day, only thing is, it's almost as expensive as riding a bike is!, I started out with a Squier that I was given, got it set up and was fine, then in January I treated myself to an awesome second hand Fender Strat in blue with a maple neck and a nice Roland practice amp but now I really want a sunburst Telecaster to go with it!.

practise makes perfect...I've got a Fender Strat with Roland electrics,and an acoustic pickup,It's called a G5.I've customised it alot it's got Wilkinson pick~ups and a Solid brass Wilkinson tremolo Block for more sustain.....plus a Les Paul....you can't go wrong with a Roland amp..they've got a great sound... :cheers:

practise makes perfect...I've got a Fender Strat with Roland electrics,and an acoustic pickup,It's called a G5.I've customised it alot it's got Wilkinson pick~ups and a Solid brass Wilkinson tremolo Block for more sustain.....plus a Les Paul....you can't go wrong with a Roland amp..they've got a great sound... :cheers:

My Strat is completely standard, although one day I might change the pickups, I love my Roland amp it's great, when I've got the money and ability I might get a Marshall tube amp but that will be a good few years away!.