Hobbies..

Bob

The closer I get to Shodan the further away it seems to appear, grasping the full extent of what I don't know and all that. But then I'd happily just practise kata every session and not worry about grading.

I taught for about ten years, and the highest student drop-out rate was from 1st Kyu to 1st Dan. It's a huge step! Everyone thinks black belt means you're an expert, but in truth it just means you've mastered the basics. Stick with it mate. :thumb:

Throttled Jun and I am taking that step at the moment. This is us during our grading to 1st Kyu Shito-ryu and demonstrating Bassai-dai

32594193074_bb8e8cd441_z.jpg

Mine are all somewhat normal and boring.

2 12 year old twins. Hobbies??

Football. Rugby. Music I suppose.

We do attend a lot of bike racing.

As opposed to those twins that come in other quantities....

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y183/cruxiform/20130701_113327.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y183/cruxiform/C1E7BB56-DEFA-4BEA-A828-3EFCAFF355AD.jpg

Nice collection of guitars :cheers:

cant play any instrument as im tone deaf but I do a fair bit of shooting got a gasrifle a22 semi and a 308, shoot 1000yards at bisley some times I manage to hit the target,

the rest of my hobbies are mending my collection of bikes

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y183/cruxiform/20130701_113327.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y183/cruxiform/C1E7BB56-DEFA-4BEA-A828-3EFCAFF355AD.jpg

Nice collection of guitars :cheers:

And they look in good nick considering they were fished out of that lake.

I do world war 2 re-enacting, get to camp, play with guns and do battles, its brill stuff.

The whole family come along and dress up too.

Pretty much like the original then?

Apart from getting out on the bike my only other hobby is warming milk, changing nappies and watching baby tv.

I used to enjoy, nitro rc cars, football, gym ect but no more lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Tonight my hobbies have been cleaning up a trail of sick, wiping down surfaces that came into contact with the sick child and delving into a bag containing a duvet, a pillow and volumes of sick to retrieve a sick-covered iPhone.

As I said in another thread, if you haven't had kids yet then tie your tubes.

Tonight my hobbies have been cleaning up a trail of sick, wiping down surfaces that came into contact with the sick child and delving into a bag containing a duvet, a pillow and volumes of sick to retrieve a sick-covered iPhone.

Yeah, but that stage doesn't last long, and then when they're older you can have the joys of coming home from a crap day at work and just crashing out and building Lego spaceships all evening. :thumb:

Yeah, but that stage doesn't last long, and then when they're older you can have the joys of coming home from a crap day at work and just crashing out and building Lego spaceships all evening. :thumb:

He's 16 and 3/4s.

I get to return home mostly to discover my beer has been repurposed, the vintage cheddar has vanished and there's more washing up in the kitchen than we have crockery.

He's 16 and 3/4s.

I get to return home mostly to discover my beer has been repurposed, the vintage cheddar has vanished and there's more washing up in the kitchen than we have crockery.

The vintage cheddar theft deserves severe punishment :shock:

Besides riding my bike, I have a few, more or less bike-related, hobbies.

One is collecting scale models of motorbikes with sidecars.

They may be made of wood, tin, metal or plastic...

They may be a proper scale model, a kit (DIY), decoration or a toy, as long as it represents a motorbike or motorscooter with a sidecar.

I even have a cardboard kit, of a R16 BMW racer-with-sidecar; a reprint of a German cardboard kit from 1932.

There are about 75 in total now, some of which I bought in the UK.

In my website there is a picture-overview of most of them, but I still need to make pictures of the latest ones to complete the overview.

Here's is a link to that particular web page: Old-timer's scale models

Another hobby of mine is writing so called 'motorbike related Christmas stories'.

Since 2006 I write a story or tale every year for christmas which I post in 3 Dutch biker forums.

I recently started to translate them in English for my international biker friends to read.

I finished my first translation last december and (very presumptuously :oops: ) posted it here in TMBF.

You can find it here: A bike related christmas story

Like topic starter and a few other people of TMBF, I play guitar.

Only my guitars are acoustics; a 'western guitar' (Blueridge BR60 'dreadnought') and a 'folk guitar' (Stagg SW206 'cut out').

The Stagg has a bit smaller body than the Blueridge, so it is fits with the other luggage and camping gear on the motorbike.

As a "biker/bonfire singer", I like to sing folk- and country music and play guitar and mouth harmonica at biker meetings and camping trips.

Though I'm a cover singer (strictly amateur) rather than a singer/songwriter, I have written 1 or 2 songs.

One of which, called: 'The Ballad Of Biker Dicky Brown' is about a biker mate of mine, who passed away in 2009.

He had only 1 arm left after a terrible accident at a very young age, and he had to be very persistent before he was allowed to ride again.

On his final ride he died, too young and in a very peculiar way; with his boots on, but fortunately not in an accident.

I just hád to write this song as a tribute to this very remarkable and brave biker.

The song may not be a musical exploit, but it is the story that counts; his story, which I think should be told among bikers...

So I show the lyrics as subtitles in the video and even when my accent obscures the text, you still know what it is about...

Shotokan is the main one that takes up my spare time, graded for my 5th Kyu this weekend so now my weekly sessions shifts to 5.

Ah-so, Mawsley-San. :D

Old Shotokan man myself - I used to train with Terry O'Neill, Bob Poynton, Frank Brennan et el back in the day. Got to 2nd Dan before relocating to somewhere with no KUGB club for miles around and eventually drifted away from it. Still miss it, but not quite enough to actually get my arse in gear and train. :lol:

Hey! I trained with Bob Poynton a few times up in Liverpool I think? I normally trained in Bristol with another bob whose name I forget and Mervin Jakes, if you remember him? Bob P double graded me a few times out in erm.. Cumberland Leisure centre I think, but then I moved away and no KUGB clubs around so I took up aikido. Miss that, heh.

Small world etc!

Odd question for you martial arts people...

I sold my Goldwing to a chap in Peterborough in 2011 - I can't remember his name but he was rev. Dr. something or other - probably in his 60's/70's. He'd written a book some years back about martial arts and meditation. Very nice bloke too. Just wondered if any of you might have an inkling of his name.