Tyre question

Adamjf82

May be a stupid question but my little lexmoto has got a slow puncture on rear, both front and back have got loads of tread so is it OK to just replace the rear or would you recommend replacing both?

just replacing the rear is fine

See if you can get it repaired

Wasn't sure if front and rear had to be the same. I'll see if I can get it repaired if not it'll be a replacement. Good to know I don't have to fork out for 2

Sort of goes with this - does anyone know where the best place to get tyres from around hull - really just want to turn up and drive away

Best place in Hull! Non of them they are all robbing buggers!

I would look at ordering online and taking them to somewhere like pitstop on Hessle road to be fitted

Tyre leader is your best bet for online

Also ring miles and 5 ways for a price

Ps welcome to the forum

Thanks for the speedy replies. Showing my lack of knowledge. :oops:

Don't fret about that!! 90% of my posts are in the Pitstop. I enjoy the learning and i can only learn by asking questions. Everyone is very helpful.

I don't even know enough to have tried anything which requires a question in pitstop! Closest I've come so far to mechanical maintenance is pumping up the tyres! :lol:

I know less than nothing. My mate looked at my chain that I thought was OK and his exact words where "blooming heck that chain is loose as flip how the flipping heck have you managed to ride that flipping thing you flipping silly person" maybe his not exactly words but very similar. Any how, chain was tightened and that's when we found the puncture.

Thanks for the speedy replies. Showing my lack of knowledge. :oops:

Don't fret about that!! 90% of my posts are in the Pitstop. I enjoy the learning and i can only learn by asking questions. Everyone is very helpful.

I don't even know enough to have tried anything which requires a question in pitstop! Closest I've come so far to mechanical maintenance is pumping up the tyres! :lol:

I was the same 10 months ago. I'm getting there gradually. This coming Friday I am doing coolant, oil and brake fluid change. Brake pads and sprockets changed were over Christmas. Still have a new chain to go on once I man up and get it done.