Westminster attack!

rennie

Horrible news, we have a live feed running in the office :( Couple of people have died I think including the police officer.

The emergency services seem to have done a top job in responding quickly and doing everything possible to minimise fatalities though

My thoughts go out to those killed and injured and my ex colleagues in the Police service and the other emergency services caught up in events in Westminster today.

Lets hope this incident is brought to a speedy conclusion without any further loss

My thoughts go out to those killed and injured and my ex colleagues in the Police service and the other emergency services caught up in events in Westminster today.

Lets hope this incident is brought to a speedy conclusion without any further loss

Except for the other attacker who is on the loose, let's hope he gets shot in the face and dies as painfully as possible .

let's hope he gets shot in the face and dies as painfully as possible .

Maybe aim a bit lower then :lol:

Speaking of which, I had a bike seat recovered by a guy who saw one of his colleagues accidentally shoot himself in the nads with a nail gun. That's got to smart a bit. :shock:

Except for the other attacker who is on the loose, let's hope he gets shot in the face and dies as painfully as possible .

It looks like it may have been a loner. Initially it was thought that there may be more than one, but looks like it was just one scumbag (at then moment)

It looks like it may have been a loner. Initially it was thought that there may be more than one, but looks like it was just one scumbag (at then moment)

Reports of a his name and that he was known to security services and apparently jailed?

any sign of these boys or are they still trying to get their biking gear on?

http://www.visordown.com/sites/default/files/field/image/Met%20terrorism%20police%20BMW%20F800GS.jpg

any sign of these boys or are they still trying to get their biking gear on?

http://www.visordown.com/sites/default/files/field/image/Met%20terrorism%20police%20BMW%20F800GS.jpg

Bikes got nicked.

Was in the Rose & Crown, Old Park lane at the time - Never seem so many varieties of covert police vehicles - Like someone poked a stick in an Ant's nest!

Sad that people (including French students on a visit) were killed / hurt.

Question? Why was the Police Officer not wearing a 'stab vest' - Surely essential for duty officers at the Parliament building?

Question? Why was the Police Officer not wearing a 'stab vest' - Surely essential for duty officers at the Parliament building?

Mr Brightside might contradict me as he is still serving, but officers are not forced to wear them, some feel uncomfortable or restricted in them.

I never wore mine when I wasn't on the bike. It sat in my locker and was never used. I know that they have changed over the years, but trying to drive with the ones we were issued with was so dmmed uncomfortable.

Was in the Rose & Crown, Old Park lane at the time - Never seem so many varieties of covert police vehicles - Like someone poked a stick in an ant nest

We had the same thing here in Birstall.

Very none descript cars with plain clothes coppers jumping out armed to the teeth.

Have subsequently spoke with a good mate of mine whose a serving OB (di) who confirmed it wasn't my imagination and they don't all pose around in bmw x5s

Was in the Rose & Crown, Old Park lane at the time - Never seem so many varieties of covert police vehicles - Like someone poked a stick in an Ant's nest!

Sad that people (including French students on a visit) were killed / hurt.

They possibly are, however stab vests don't give you 100% protection. They don't cover your head,neck,arms and arm pits for example.

Ive always been proud of the fact British cops arent armed, but perhaps were reaching the point that it has to change, or at least substantially increase the proprtion of officers carrying. But will they want to? I imagine a lot of them wouldnt want the responsibility of shooting someone. Its awesome thing to do and can be very hard on the shooter psychologically.