Nob of the Day.......

Tango

The yoof wheelying his off-road (no number plate) dirt bike round the roundabout for the M25 at the top of Dartford this afternoon......yep, complete with his trackies, hoody and Pikey Nike's!..... :roll:

My money is for the lad being from Temple Smell. :-)

The yoof wheelying his off-road (no number plate) dirt bike round the roundabout for the M25 at the top of Dartford this afternoon......yep, complete with his trackies, hoody and Pikey Nike's!..... :roll:

My money is for the lad being from Temple Smell. :-)

When I lived in Dartford it was always Temple Smell......but these days I think there's several areas that'll give it a run for its money in terms of scuddiness.... :wink:

I am going to nominate the lady mid 20's I guess who choose to unpark her car by drving into the car behind (my other halfs) then pulling out. The space was not that small and parking not that tight, by the way she did it it was a well practiced manouver. When she drove passed I comment on it to her and she gave me abuse for "parking to close and on corner" etc etc close we where not and the corner is quite comonly parked on its to a garage block.

I took number plate and checked online could not find it, quick call to 101 they where VERY good seems I had mistaken the make of car. The lady on the phone seemed disappointed that the car had MOT, tax and insurance....

It was a "Cherished numberplate" so really easy to remember.... Next time she parks here I have a few quite legal ideas...

• 3 weeks later...

An open letter to the dickhead who was a foot behind me on the north circular-

Dear dangerous driver

Its not big or clever to follow a biker that close. Seriously that was a foot at most?? I'm not sure if you were trying to intimidate me or if you weren't aware how close you were. Top tip if a biker turns round and motions for you to back off you should back off.

I'm aware that I was at least 5 car lengths behind the car in front of me - there's a good reason for this, a little thing called stopping distances. This is in case the car in front had to suddenly break I'd have a nice big gap to gently slow down in. This is important- you should remember this point.

When the car in front of me moved over you seemed to get even closer to me! Us bikers don't like this. Don't do this. You may remember I then sped up into the nice big gap ahead. Then you may be confused what happened next so I'll explain. See on a bike it's quite easy to lightly apply the rear brake but not actually slow down. I know you know what else happens though.... yes! The rear brake light comes on!

Well holy moly you must have had quite the panic on as you violently slammed on your brakes (you may want to get your tracking checked you veered to the right pretty epically). Don't worry I checked no one was up your arse first.

Weirdly after that you stayed at the perfect following distance! I'm glad you've learnt something from this and hope you give us bikers the space we deserve in future.

Love and kisses

Hoggs

X

An open letter to the dickhead who was a foot behind me on the north circular-

Dear dangerous driver

Its not big or clever to follow a biker that close. Seriously that was a foot at most?? I'm not sure if you were trying to intimidate me or if you weren't aware how close you were. Top tip if a biker turns round and motions for you to back off you should back off.

I'm aware that I was at least 5 car lengths behind the car in front of me - there's a good reason for this, a little thing called stopping distances. This is in case the car in front had to suddenly break I'd have a nice big gap to gently slow down in. This is important- you should remember this point.

When the car in front of me moved over you seemed to get even closer to me! Us bikers don't like this. Don't do this. You may remember I then sped up into the nice big gap ahead. Then you may be confused what happened next so I'll explain. See on a bike it's quite easy to lightly apply the rear brake but not actually slow down. I know you know what else happens though.... yes! The rear brake light comes on!

Well holy moly you must have had quite the panic on as you violently slammed on your brakes (you may want to get your tracking checked you veered to the right pretty epically). Don't worry I checked no one was up your arse first.

Weirdly after that you stayed at the perfect following distance! I'm glad you've learnt something from this and hope you give us bikers the space we deserve in future.

Love and kisses

Hoggs

X

Beautiful.

Love it! One of my tricks is to feather the front brake without engaging the cylinder - just enough to make the switch click on and off.

Dunno if you can on all bikes, but on my old Beemer you could adjust the position of the sensor really easily so that the light came on well before before the brake engaged (but still switched off when the lever wasn't being pulled). Made it very easy to give people little warning flashes when they're being dicks :lol:

The driver coming towards me this morning who decided it was OK to pass the parked cars on his / her side as the bike will give way and pull into the side so I can get past. WRONG. The bike stopped but maintained position.

The car then had to stop and pull half into a gap so I could continue, I then went past shaking my head. :lol:

:stupid:

Had almost exactly this a couple of the weeks. We got to the bit where the bike stopped but maintained position. Then the car kept edging towards me until he finally made contact with my crash bars. He seemed very put out when I told him he'd hit me.

:stupid:

Had almost exactly this a couple of the weeks. We got to the bit where the bike stopped but maintained position. Then the car kept edging towards me until he finally made contact with my crash bars. He seemed very put out when I told him he'd hit me.

Wasn't Devonshire road by any chance, was it? There's been a lot of that since they closed Tenison road for resurfacing :roll:

Wasn't Devonshire road by any chance, was it? There's been a lot of that since they closed Tenison road for resurfacing :roll:

It was Bridge St, by Magdalene, the narrow bit over the bridge itself.

I've given up on Devonshire Road for the time being. I got fed up at having to dash from gap to gap or die. Sniper alley.

It was Bridge St, by Magdalene, the narrow bit over the bridge itself.

I've given up on Devonshire Road for the time being. I got fed up at having to dash from gap to gap or die. Sniper alley.

Oh yeah, that bit is a right pain in the bum!

I don't have any choice on Devonshire road, seeing as I live half way down it - although my bike is narrow enough to tuck between most of the cars along there, thankfully :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...

I nominate Network Rail, for removing the sleepers allowing vehicular access to my land and not putting them back properly after track improvements! A good job I have an alternative access point! :evil:

land.thumb.jpg.cef936b4ecccd85857aa70424bc40a6c.jpg

*edit* apologies to Railtrack, got a bit 1990s there as I'm sure they no longer exist!

• 4 months later...

I will Nominate for Monday. Van Driver that pulled into the middle of the road forcing us to stop fairly sharp. Then did not look out of his window and proceeded in sideswiping us...

• 2 weeks later...

I nominate the Nob head in the blue golf. Leaving town today there is a round about that goes from a 30 into a 40 then into a national limit, I had followed this guy through town he was sticking at 20, fine I thought no rush. Over the round about into the 40 still sat at 20mph, into the national limit he's now doing 30mph, I check my mirrors indicate and go for the over take. I pull out and as I draw level the nob head swerves towards me then drops a gear and floors it matching my speed, I drop back to get back behind him so he slows, I speed up to get in front he speeds up and decides to pull further out now straddling the white line. I managed to pull past and drop in front after what seemed like ages.

I had to pull over in the next lay by to gather my thoughts.

I nominate the Nob head in the blue golf. Leaving town today there is a round about that goes from a 30 into a 40 then into a national limit, I had followed this guy through town he was sticking at 20, fine I thought no rush. Over the round about into the 40 still sat at 20mph, into the national limit he's now doing 30mph, I check my mirrors indicate and go for the over take. I pull out and as I draw level the nob head swerves towards me then drops a gear and floors it matching my speed, I drop back to get back behind him so he slows, I speed up to get in front he speeds up and decides to pull further out now straddling the white line. I managed to pull past and drop in front after what seemed like ages.

Classic people taking the piss purely because you are on a 125.

Laugh to yourself.

In time when said prick does it again you will be able to play the bye bye gti game :D

That's why you need to pass your test and get a bigger bike.

Anything other than a 125 would have left him standing and you wouldn't even be thinking about it let alone having to stop and recover.

Anything other than a 125 would have left him standing and you wouldn't even be thinking about it let alone having to stop and recover.

Aye weirdly I had similar thing, I was coming from a 30 to 40 to NSL. Tootling along with a guy in a Civic R behind me. As we got from the 30 to 40 the guy pulled out and started hooning it past me... needless to say he did not complete that overtake. :roll: He must have done a U turn or something though because weirdly I didn't see him in my mirrors long after that :wink:

Aye weirdly I had similar thing, I was coming from a 30 to 40 to NSL. Tootling along with a guy in a Civic R behind me. As we got from the 30 to 40 the guy pulled out and started hooning it past me... needless to say he did not complete that overtake. :roll: He must have done a U turn or something though because weirdly I didn't see him in my mirrors long after that :wink:

Hah! It's my cornering that still lets me down for anything like that, but I'm happy with my slow and steady progress towards competence.

Hah! It's my cornering that still lets me down for anything like that, but I'm happy with my slow and steady progress towards competence.

As long as you're getting round them that's the main thing! Also don't try and go nuts straight away, working on your lines will bring a gradual natural speed increase. I'm not that rapid round them just try and be smooth and as long as I come out the other side class it as a win :cheers:

As long as you're getting round them that's the main thing! Also don't try and go nuts straight away, working on your lines will bring a gradual natural speed increase. I'm not that rapid round them just try and be smooth and as long as I come out the other side class it as a win :cheers:

I agree entirely - want a bit of tuition soon on lines, as I'm not wholly sure what I'm meant to be aiming for!

Going to check out a few videos on YouTube over the weekend, so let me know if there's any particularly good ones for road riding (other than Twist of the Wrist, which I may try to endure again).

I definitely see faster cornering as being a result of riding well, rather than being the main objective in and of itself. Which isn't to say I don't enjoy it, I just want to stick within my novice limits!