Cant shift after raplacing lever? Yamaha r125

david5757

Yesterday i ordered some new shorty levers, after installing them everything seemed fine so i took the bike for a ride when i found out I could not put the bike in 2nd gear. I checked the clutch slack but everything seems okay? Anyone who knows more about this and could help me? a25a9b61bbd7dc67a3100aa18883cc78.jpg

cf6c3fa22aea79039c51443aaceeb081.jpg

f9609975bcbe512b4675f581fa28bf99.jpg

27e761670d495be8a3f61639a255a1aa.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A3003 met Tapatalk

Im sorry I dont fully understand since im not a native english speaker, do you mean i should re adjust the levers? I already tried to loosen the cable and tighten it but no positive results whatsoever

Put the origianl lever back on and check it works well.

Measure how far the cable moves at the gearbox end when the lever is pulled.

Hold a rule against it while someone else operates the lever.

Put your new lever on again. Measure how far the cable moves when the lever is pulled in.

If th emovemnt is less with the new lever, it is not suitable

Does the lever move all the way back to the handlebar?

ON you rphotgraph it looks like it may hit the switchgear.

I have these and simular problems its adjustment, dose your gear box have now have clunky gear box ?

Can i please get you to get a picture of the spring on the guvnor arm mine i i had to clip back on seems to move quite freely

turn the dial to 6, then adjust out all the slack in the cable. if that doesnt work, the levers arent suitable as they dont have enough pull.

Do you mean turning the adjuster al the way down? Then adjusting the slack near the shifter?

I have these and simular problems its adjustment, dose your gear box have now have clunky gear box ?

Can i please get you to get a picture of the spring on the guvnor arm mine i i had to clip back on seems to move quite freely

Will take a pic tommorrow!

turn the dial to 6, then adjust out all the slack in the cable. if that doesnt work, the levers arent suitable as they dont have enough pull.

Do you mean turning the adjuster al the way down? Then adjusting the slack near the shifter?

You need to adjust everything so that when you pull the clutch lever, the cable is pulled as far as possible.

So, turn the dial on the new lever so that the lever is furthest away from the handle bar, then turn the cable adjusters counterclockwise so there is very little slack in the cable.

You need to adjust everything so that when you pull the clutch lever, the cable is pulled as far as possible.

So, turn the dial on the new lever so that the lever is furthest away from the handle bar, then turn the cable adjusters counterclockwise so there is very little slack in the cable.

Alright will try that, thanks in advance!

thank you :D :D :D my bikes in bits again :( sad times

74ab2b5371e0696d860ca01681455f1c.jpg7a594f616bdb81a7753a5499e35cbed4.jpg

thats the gear changer i will get a video later tonight of mine, with the same levers

thats the gear changer i will get a video later tonight of mine, with the same levers

I got mine working

That chain looks very slack...

The manual for my r125 says it should be within 30-40mm which it is

I measured it again and it is indeed too much