BBC are getting their money's worth out of me

TC1474

January 2014 I filmed an article for BBC Fake Britain regarding "Fake" bike kit. (It is not fake just cheap but BBC don't like that idea :roll: )

It first aired around June 2014. Since then it has been shown about 6 times on BBC 1

Guess what? At 11.45 this morning it is being shown yet again :crybaby: :roll:

Had I known it was going to be shown so often I would have negotiated some repeat fees :wink:

Erm, is that possible when I did not get paid in the first place?

Anyway, if you are near a TV and want a laugh :wink: ...................................... I still refuse to watch it.

I've seen this I think, I can't watch it now but is it one that show's the eBay leathers and how crap they are? (amongst other stuff)

I'm sure I've seen a forum post from the fella selling those trying to defend it :lol:

I've seen this I think, I can't watch it now but is it one that show's the eBay leathers and how crap they are? (amongst other stuff)

I'm sure I've seen a forum post from the fella selling those trying to defend it :lol:

It is the programme that has been shown many times before. I can't remember where they were brought from, but the BBC's argument was that they were fake because they had "Yamaha" on them.

They were not fake, they were cheap and they (the BBC) did not like it when I tried to make the point that leathers only had to do the job once, and that even cheap leather would offer better protection than a pair of jeans and a T shirt or some branded items of kit that were sold on the back of a name than quality.

It took 9 hours to film and 99% of the footage wasn't used which is people saw it would realise that any comment I make has been taken out of context.

I'm guessing it is this program - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b065szcf ?

Not sure if I have seen it before, but I'll possibly give it a watch over lunch time. :)

As for them not using 99% of what was filmed, don't take it to heart TC. It's pretty standard when filming to film way more than required.

I

As for them not using 99% of what was filmed, don't take it to heart TC. It's pretty standard when filming to film way more than required.

Oh rest assured I have not and did not take it to heart. I have done and I do too many interviews to get upset when they only use a fraction of the material.

What annoys is the fact that they edit out key points relating to safety and so they put out a fake message themselves and therefore are sending out the wrong message.

This was filmed in 2014 :roll:

Nice to see you sporting my initials on your shirt there TC - top man. :thumb:

:D

Shame I no longer work for that firm though :booty: :wink: :)

Another reason I am not happy about it being repeated for the umpteenth time.

Yes I have seen it three times now but this is not unusual with TV as they just seem to swap repeats between channels. God knows why anyone would want a tivo box or one that can record multiple channels! If you miss your program just wait until tomorrow and it will be on again. :roll: