I am Dumbfounded ...

Phooey

... My gob has officially been smacked!

I used a garage that I don't usually use this morning to fill up. They muttered something through the intercom which I didn't understand so an attendant came out and told me to remove my helmet BEFORE they would authorise the pump. Frustrated (old argument I know) but I did and left my full face snood on. Eyes visible through letterbox!

They authorised pump, I filled up and went in to pay with helmet in hand and snood still fully covering my face except my eyes.

'What was that all about?' I asked

'It's the rules', the spotty guy said.

'What about this then?, pointing at snood

'The boss said nothing about hats!'

Hmmm! :roll:

Ha. I had this in a bank once. I went in to use one of the automatic terminals, and feeling lazy so I left my helmet on. Fair enough, I was told to remove it, and then completed the rest of my visit wearing in the black balaclava I'd had on underneath.

Its a stupid rule

You might have a deformed face and the helmet is your only chance for getting out!

Not that I am ugly or owt :D :3some:

Someone is talking from experience :lol:

chavy dodgy looking people I can understand but decent big bike all geared up....really!!!

Yes I have had the same, but I saw my arse and told them I would give my money to the garage next door :thumb: :up: :up: :up: :up: instead

If I can afford to ride off to another garage I will too

taking your helmet off takes time... but standing at the pump whilst you munch your pasty, crisps and drink, check your social media, answer a few threads on TMBF, before eventually putting your helmet and gloves back on and finally riding away can take even more time... ;)

taking your helmet off takes time... but standing at the pump whilst you munch your pasty, crisps and drink, check your social media, answer a few threads on TMBF, before eventually putting your helmet and gloves back on and finally riding away can take even more time... ;)

Not to mention pissing off the people waiting to use the pump ... :lol:

But.

As Joe alluded to earlier. It's not the poor bugger on minimum wages fault. No point getting mardy with them. Just use a different one in future.

To be fair. Very few round here play silly buggers. Possibly due to the fact burkas etc are quite common?

I had a great experience with a very similar thing. I went to a garage I always used, got off the bike and filled up with my full face helmet on. I then made my way inside to pay. I had the money in my hand ready to pay. I was then asked to remove my helmet before I would be served. This annoyed me, so I took my wallet out and out the money back in followed by placing back into my jacket pocket and zipped it closed. I then removed my helmet. I eventually got the money out and payed and was on my way.

On my next visit and making sure the same attendant was working, I filled up as usual but this time in my car. I went in and payed for the £40 fuel with lots and lots of 10's and 20 pence pieces. It was also a very busy day.

I can be so vengeful when provoked...

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Not to mention pissing off the people waiting to use the pump ... :lol:

thats the same car drivers who will try to knock you off your bike later - dont let that bother you ;)

Never been challenged at our local Shell garage........I fact, when I went to pay on Sunday on the way out on the bikes I noticed a sign by the door that said to either remove your helmet or open the visor......much more sensible...... 8-)

Going back to Joeman's post.....my eldest son works in a filling station at a local supermarket and he says that they get told to enforce this kind of thing occasionally. ......he's not going to risk his job by not complying with his manager's instructions. ......so, please bear this in mind before ranting off at the staff in the filling station..... :roll:

I have a flip-front helmet which probably helps, but neither the Shell nor the Co-op garage near me have ever asked​ me to remove it. One of the ladies in the Co-op always tells me to keep it shiny side up as I leave too.

I've never been asked... but we use the same station every week. hell I sit on the bike in gear whilst the OH goes in to pay helmet still on.

only issue I've had ... probably 25 of us fill up at same time 2 people use pump in front of me and pull forward and go in to pay. I try to use pump.... nothing. man eventually comes out and tells me they can only have 2 outstanding payments on a pump. I give him the thumbs up and wait :lol:

It must be the start of the season.

Rape is sprouting in the fields, dicky birds are singing away and threads about petrol station helmet rules are back.

I went to a petrol station once.

Never been challenged at our local Shell garage........I fact, when I went to pay on Sunday on the way out on the bikes I noticed a sign by the door that said to either remove your helmet or open the visor......much more sensible...... 8-)

Going back to Joeman's post.....my eldest son works in a filling station at a local supermarket and he says that they get told to enforce this kind of thing occasionally. ......he's not going to risk his job by not complying with his manager's instructions. ......so, please bear this in mind before ranting off at the staff in the filling station..... :roll:

I know they are only doing their job ... it is the ludicrousy of having to remove the helmet but allowing the face to still be fully covered by snook or other item of clothing.

Wait for authorisation put helmet back on...

But go easy on them as they are only doing what they've been told to earn their minimum wage..

Wouldn't they just stop the pump again?

Wait for authorisation put helmet back on...

But go easy on them as they are only doing what they've been told to earn their minimum wage..

Wouldn't they just stop the pump again?

I have no idea!

Try it