DBS and police and new job

Classickid21

I think you've misunderstood me mate. It's not their duty to just advise them to say that. It's their duty to act in their clients best interests, and in alot of cases, just by being lazy and advising that, it's extremely damaging for the client.

If, in their best interest (which playing devils advocate) it is genuinely adviseable as in some cases it would be for the client, then yes. Not just to get away as quickly as possibly though. That's unforgivable.

As in this case. Imagine the scenario. CK askes for a brief. One turns up and they have consultation. Questions are put, and CK says "no comment" to every question on advice of the legal rep. Well that's a caution out of the window at this point, it can not be given as no admission made. As there is CCTV of the assault, it's not going to be NFA'd as there is a realistic possibility of a conviction with this evidence. So a charge is the only way forward, effectively binding the Police to do this. Good for the client? No help at all I think. I see this all too often.

• 2 weeks later...

i gave up with the hadlow job they just strung me out, finally gave up. i walked into a engineering firm they gave me a job there and then never asked about the simple caution, its my choice to declare it.

with dbs and police i have been back and forwards with letters i haven't got any where just seemed to fob me off with saying its the same thing

I wouldn't have disclosed it, and if it was uncovered later and questions were asked I would show the letter that says it won't affect job applications...

i already did, also someone who is in the police force even said to give me a shot

Sorry mate I've only just seen this, pm me for any advice!!

Right. So you've had a caution. You've not been convicted of anything. A caution is a means of case disposal. Rather than putting you through the courts system, you've owned up and accepted the caution simple as that. The CPS don't issue cautions at this point, it's up to an ERO (evidential review officer) to make the decision. This would not have even been passed to the CPS.

Common Assault has a few parts to it. The fact you hit him, means its assault by beating (Battery). That's all. It shouldn't matter how it's worded, it's the lowest tier physical assault possible. Poking someone in the chest amounts to the same.

I really don't see their issue. Dishonesty offences are far worse in employers eyes.

If you want a chat anytime, I'm available....

(Unless I'm locking someone away for common assault....)

By the way, if anyone asks you if you were arrested for it, you were not. What you had was an interview under caution, no arrest. Otherwise known as a caution +3.

It sounds like your employers, and yourself (I don't mean this in a derogatory way) don't understand the offence and wording. If either of you want to talk to me and I'll explain, I'll do that.

Hi i went in and spoke with hr, showed them what happened gave them my data protection paper work all the details and they said they was going to contact me last week and they didnt i walked into a engineering firm and got the job there and then, hes happy with me i said about the caution and he wasn't bothered

so, congratulations on the new engineering job!

if the new boss didnt worry about the caution, maybe he's had one himself for beating up the last person who did the job you just took! :lol:

so, congratulations on the new engineering job!

if the new boss didnt worry about the caution, maybe he's had one himself for beating up the last person who did the job you just took! :lol:

Lol haha,

Hes a nice guy pure car/bike nut he built some kit car, hes got a beetle build few other toys.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry mate I've only just seen this, pm me for any advice!!

Right. So you've had a caution. You've not been convicted of anything. A caution is a means of case disposal. Rather than putting you through the courts system, you've owned up and accepted the caution simple as that. The CPS don't issue cautions at this point, it's up to an ERO (evidential review officer) to make the decision. This would not have even been passed to the CPS.

Common Assault has a few parts to it. The fact you hit him, means its assault by beating (Battery). That's all. It shouldn't matter how it's worded, it's the lowest tier physical assault possible. Poking someone in the chest amounts to the same.

I really don't see their issue. Dishonesty offences are far worse in employers eyes.

If you want a chat anytime, I'm available....

(Unless I'm locking someone away for common assault....)

By the way, if anyone asks you if you were arrested for it, you were not. What you had was an interview under caution, no arrest. Otherwise known as a caution +3.

It sounds like your employers, and yourself (I don't mean this in a derogatory way) don't understand the offence and wording. If either of you want to talk to me and I'll explain, I'll do that.

Hi i went in and spoke with hr, showed them what happened gave them my data protection paper work all the details and they said they was going to contact me last week and they didnt i walked into a engineering firm and got the job there and then, hes happy with me i said about the caution and he wasn't bothered

Nice one mate, glad you got a job anyway. :thumb: