Nob of the Day.......

Tango

Have a look at this, counter steering :wink:

">

Thanks - I understand counter-steering, and have no problem doing it (unless I inadvertently think about it too much or combine it with nodding), so it's more an issue of positioning (for safety) and confidence (for leaning and speed).

I nominate the Nob head in the blue golf. Leaving town today there is a round about that goes from a 30 into a 40 then into a national limit, I had followed this guy through town he was sticking at 20, fine I thought no rush. Over the round about into the 40 still sat at 20mph, into the national limit he's now doing 30mph, I check my mirrors indicate and go for the over take. I pull out and as I draw level the nob head swerves towards me then drops a gear and floors it matching my speed, I drop back to get back behind him so he slows, I speed up to get in front he speeds up and decides to pull further out now straddling the white line. I managed to pull past and drop in front after what seemed like ages.

I had to pull over in the next lay by to gather my thoughts.

I had the same today but with a bell end in a ford focus RS

£30 grand+ car and he didn't stand a chance! but hell did he try :lol:

Need to speed off, leave them standing, pull up a bit further down the road, put on your yellow vest and point a hairdryer in their direction as they come speeding towards you... :twisted:

Need to speed off, leave them standing, pull up a bit further down the road, put on your yellow vest and point a hairdryer in their direction as they come speeding towards you... :twisted:

Pull away.

Give it some beans.

10 mins later pull into a lay by. Spark a cig.

Lay on the grass and have smug grin on your face as you give them a little wave as they tootle past :cheers:

I might try that :lol: :lol:

What the f**k are you doing with a hairdryer? :-D

• 2 weeks later...

Hah! It's my cornering that still lets me down for anything like that, but I'm happy with my slow and steady progress towards competence.

As long as you're getting round them that's the main thing! Also don't try and go nuts straight away, working on your lines will bring a gradual natural speed increase. I'm not that rapid round them just try and be smooth and as long as I come out the other side class it as a win :cheers:

I agree entirely - want a bit of tuition soon on lines, as I'm not wholly sure what I'm meant to be aiming for!

Going to check out a few videos on YouTube over the weekend, so let me know if there's any particularly good ones for road riding (other than Twist of the Wrist, which I may try to endure again).

I definitely see faster cornering as being a result of riding well, rather than being the main objective in and of itself. Which isn't to say I don't enjoy it, I just want to stick within my novice limits!

Go along to your local advanced motorcycle club. They will give you an assessment ride - no committment required - and will cost you nothing but time and fuel. You will gain a lot from an hours ride with them.

As long as you're getting round them that's the main thing! Also don't try and go nuts straight away, working on your lines will bring a gradual natural speed increase. I'm not that rapid round them just try and be smooth and as long as I come out the other side class it as a win :cheers:

I agree entirely - want a bit of tuition soon on lines, as I'm not wholly sure what I'm meant to be aiming for!

Going to check out a few videos on YouTube over the weekend, so let me know if there's any particularly good ones for road riding (other than Twist of the Wrist, which I may try to endure again).

I definitely see faster cornering as being a result of riding well, rather than being the main objective in and of itself. Which isn't to say I don't enjoy it, I just want to stick within my novice limits!

Go along to your local advanced motorcycle club. They will give you an assessment ride - no committment required - and will cost you nothing but time and fuel. You will gain a lot from an hours ride with them.

:thumb: Thanks. Am booked on a bikesafe course in July now, and will look at the advanced options after that.

:thumb: Thanks. Am booked on a bikesafe course in July now, and will look at the advanced options after that.

I started with a bikesafe. Differing opinions as to their worthiness and despite many views about them being a waste of time I found it quite useful. Biggest thing I learnt was that the motorcycle cops are bikers who just happen to be coppers!

Made me want to look at advanced ... you'll enjoy it.

I started with a bikesafe. Differing opinions as to their worthiness and despite many views about them being a waste of time I found it quite useful. Biggest thing I learnt was that the motorcycle cops are bikers who just happen to be coppers!

Made me want to look at advanced ... you'll enjoy it.

They went to great lengths on the Bikesafe course I did that it was a taster and an assessment of our riding skills, but we should look to further develop those skills with advanced driving tuition. I think the pack they gave us included details of local IAM and RoSPA groups...... 8-)

If I had the ability to remove sets of keys from other people there'd be a lot of cretins pushing their bikes home today. By Christ there's some abysmal riding going on - mainly from the crotch-rocket one-piece brigade.

Well today someone decided to indicate left at the roundabout (to my right on the roundabout) so when i entered the roundabout they decided they wanted to go straight on instead, meaning i had to accelerate sharpish to avoid being flattened. NOB!

Well today someone decided to indicate left at the roundabout (to my right on the roundabout) so when i entered the roundabout they decided they wanted to go straight on instead, meaning i had to accelerate sharpish to avoid being flattened. NOB!

Never trust a signal .... all that flashing light means ....is the bulb still works

Heading up the A32 towards Loomies, from Fareham ( Local Bike Cafe). We spot a couple of cars in front coming up to a bend and then over a bridge. The Black Ford Focus ST (KJ15 OUB), decides that now is a good time to try and overtake the car in front crossing the double white lines. She tries, he speeds up a bit then backs off before she kills someone. So she's gone off now, we wait behind the Mercedes until it's clear to pass him, which he pops his hazards on to let us know it's all good and we good around him. We catch up to the Focus, I go around her and she starts to come across to my side of the road and then continues to try and swipe the 2 others with me. So we slow down and reduce speed. She tails closely, then we go through a little windy village. Car in front of me, car behind me, then the other 2 bikes and then the Focus. And she goes again overtaking the whole lot and forcing an oncoming car nearly into a wall.

Anyway we called the police whilst following her for a while, gave up because she was just being reckless. No sign of the police but they have all the details.

Edited by Anonymous

Riding down a very narrow winding country road with a 40 limit, coming up to a series of very right blind s bends I'm behind a car who's doing about 20mph then all of a sudden an idiot on a 50cc Crosser decides now is a good time to overtake, he then proceeds to take the blind bends on wrong side of road with both his legs sticking out to the sides. Catch up with him as we enter town, approach a level crossing and barriers start to come down so the Crosser riding cock womble decides to ride around the barriers.

Riding down a very narrow winding country road with a 40 limit, coming up to a series of very right blind s bends I'm behind a car who's doing about 20mph then all of a sudden an idiot on a 50cc Crosser decides now is a good time to overtake, he then proceeds to take the blind bends on wrong side of road with both his legs sticking out to the sides. Catch up with him as we enter town, approach a level crossing and barriers start to come down so the Crosser riding cock womble decides to ride around the barriers.

Hopefully they're signed up to the organ donor register :|

What a w ⚓

..... cock womble decides to ride around the barriers.

British Transport Police take that very seriously and have quality CCTv on crossings as I understand so he may well be getting a letter...

Chavvy woman with kids jumping about inside her car who i caught reversing into a parents parking space next to my car that was also in a parents space but leaving only about 30cm between her car and mine... What's the point in having extra wide spaces if you're going to park 20cm from the next car??

Lucky i caught her doing it when returning to my car carrying a baby seat, i gave her an evil look and gestured that she hadn't actually left enough space to open the door never mind a baby seat between her car and mine but had left almost an entire car width on the other side!

I then stood there until she moved her car and was subjected to the most god-awful demonstration of parking skills i have ever seen! Meanwhile her kids were jumping all over the inside of the car... Eventually after about 3 attempts she turned off the engine, the car looked abandoned as it was diagonally parked across the space.. so i shook my head, loaded my child into the car and got out of there quick before her offspring swung open the doors and destroyed my car.

Why do we have to share the roads with people like this??

NOTD is ... nobody! It's been that way for a fair few rides so far this year ... probably because when I get a sense that a driver will presently be entering 'nob mode', I make sure they quickly become a dot in my mirrors ... aaaaand back to enjoying the nice ride.