Nob of the Day.......

Tango

The transit driver going the wrong way down a motorway slip road.

Was a bend too, so while im doing 60 to get up to speed i round the corner to see the headlights of a transit coming towards me. Lots of abs and back wheel fishtailing later i passed him on the left.

As i get to the motorway i see 3 or 4 more cars going the wrong way down the slip road....all because there was traffic.

*****. Turning off the motorway down a slip road the wrong way.

My nomination is for the Nob who nearly caused an accident last night on my way home from work.

Approaching 10pm on an unlit section of the A370 I was doing the speed limit of 54mph (well it's nearly 50ph) and this recovery truck comes the other way and flashes his lights a couple of times. I ignore it thinking he's trying to warn me of something ahead then he blasts on what looked like a dozen spot lights from everywhere on the truck. I was totally blinded and braked to a stop in as near a straight line as I could. He reversed back and as I lifted my visor shouting 'Gosh my good fellow, what was that for' or similar words :lol: he calmly said 'Oh sorry, I thought you were a mate of mine' and drove off!

I'm going to nominate the delightful chap who entered the One Stop car park on my side of the road.

*Toot* *Toot* went the horn. Then, before I could add "I say my good man, you appear to be flying at me on the wrong side of the road at a speed far in excess of what we think is acceptable in this village", the cad flipped me off.

Grr, I was proper vexed.

My nomintion for yesterday was the lass doing 40mph at best on the dual carriageway part of the A339 north of Newbury.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

My nomintion for yesterday was the lass doing 40mph at best on the dual carriageway part of the A339 north of Newbury.

Which section though

The 50mph or nsl ?

And if a 50cc can use it at 33mph top whack ...

Which section though

The 50mph or nsl ?

And if a 50cc can use it at 33mph top whack ...

70mph. Still wouldn't expect a car at that speed.

Strong nomination today.

Chav No1 flies on to the A38 dual carriageway from a pretty short slip lane which is preceded by a very sharp corner. There was a gap in the traffic, so no real harm done.

Chav No2 racing along behind Chav No1 attempts the same thing, swerving violently alongside a car in the inside lane, who has no room to move, as the car in front of me is alongside him at that point. Chav No2 then gesticulates wildly, pointing at the car he just nearly hit to indicate that they should have swerved into the outside lane to let him in, notwithstanding the complete lack of space for it to happen or the fact that they never had the opportunity to see him.

The only redeeming factor was that whilst pointing, waving and swearing, he drifted his car to the left, off the slip road and into the wide, soft verge.

What a nob.

My nomination is for all of the cyclists who flamed me on twitter today for daring to suggest that cyclists might be safer if the took a basic training course that taught them how to ride more defensively and not trust their lives to other road users... Apparently suggesting cyclists do shoulder checks is the equivalent of raping their unborn daughters..

My nomination is for all of the cyclists who flamed me on twitter today for daring to suggest that cyclists might be safer if the took a basic training course that taught them how to ride more defensively and not trust their lives to other road users... Apparently suggesting cyclists do shoulder checks is the equivalent of raping their unborn daughters..

Sadly many of my fellow cyclists have that attitude :roll:

Yes if we lived in utopia (Amsterdam/Copenhagen) we should be able to cycle around without a care in the the world, but sadly we don't.

You need to ride defensivley especially in London. 2 tonnes of metal v human flesh is always going to leave one sticky mess of an outcome.

Thankfully for me the skills learnt cycling in London made my really helped with my CBT As I cycle in the same position as a bike should.

Seems many have had a sense of humour bypass. See the shitstorm caused by the boss of Rapha this week :lol:

I've always done shoulder checks on my bicycle...

Today's nob is the idiot in a tracksuit, without a helmet, doing wheelies through Nottingham city centre on a dirt bike this morning, whilst undertaking people.

Today's nob is the idiot in a tracksuit, without a helmet, doing wheelies through Nottingham city centre on a dirt bike this morning, whilst undertaking people.

Soon to remove himself from the gene pool by the sound of it!

Today's nob is the idiot in a tracksuit ... whilst undertaking people.

Undertaking is illegal isn't it? :seeya:

[phooey quickly looks for somewhere to hide]

I nominate the 2 prats who reversed into each other at tesco car park a few minutes ago.

Look you prats. I'm still laughing.

My nomination is Excel Car Park boss. They now charge £20 to park a car - "but it is for 24 hours".

Wtf parks at an exhibition for 24hours?

No wonder the exhibitors at Grand Designs today were complaining about low numbers.

I won't visit there again.

• 2 weeks later...

did you blur her name?? spoilsport.

my nob of the day was actually on Thursday. going down a high street so was quite busy. I was merrily letting people cross the road and not obstructing junctions so people could turn down them as I couldn't go far and don't like filtering down that bit. Had noticed a few horn honks behind me... then realised it was the guy 2 inches behind me who was objecting to me not blocking the traffic. bearing in mind the traffic was stationary so he was objecting to me not not moving 2 car lengths ahead.

OOH though I. favourite game time!! so I let EVERY SINGLE GODDAMN CAR I COULD FIND OUT.

eventually the road got wider so he came up my inside. TOTALLY AVOIDED LOOKING AT ME. and stopped in a box junction. so I scooted off.

I've just found this in my wallet. From my ride on the XJ. Yesterday. Just before it was recovered home.

IMG_3419.JPG

You sir are nob of the day... I mean month :lol: :lol: