Nob of the Day.......

Tango

I'm stuck between the two cyclists that were riding two abreast on a country lane (NS) or the woman in her range rover who decided the best time to pass them was going round a left hand bend and crossing the double whites by at least half a car whilst doing so. Especially as I and my mates were coming the opposite way round the bend, if I'd been 2 ft nearer the centre of the road it would have been catastrophic, she missed me by about 6 inches whilst I was leant into the bend. Her face was like :shock: and mine was like :evil: :x

Saved only by decent road positioning and a huge amount of luck.

Got home and changed my pants.

:scratch:

Nope. No idea how I did that at all.

spoooooooon! at least you can attempt to fix it now :lol:

Or he could take a much needed trip to specsavers :lol:

I've just found this in my wallet. From my ride on the XJ. Yesterday. Just before it was recovered home.

IMG_3419.JPG

Drain and swill tank

Flush pipes

Drain and flush carbs/ injects

Refill with petrol

Try starting ....will run smokey to start ...

If running ok carry on .

I've just found this in my wallet. From my ride on the XJ. Yesterday. Just before it was recovered home.

IMG_3419.JPG

I can understand how you did it, some shell stations you have to be careful at the Green can be more deceptive than you think...

http://l7.alamy.com/zooms/e92b429d692d448492752f2a1467f08b/petrol-pumps-in-a-shell-petrol-station-dtdbk3.jpg

I know your not the first and you will not be the last.... Although I have not done it to a BIKE :wink: yet :?

What a twat Mawsley is!

If Six had got the Mod gig he'd ban him on the spot!

No I'd of given him a badge and a hat ... a good boy badge for admitting his error on the forum , and a hat with a massive D on it and send him to stand in the corner of the forum.

spoooooooon! at least you can attempt to fix it now :lol:

Yep. :thumb:

Or he could take a much needed trip to specsavers :lol:

As it happens, I'm collecting my glasses from them tomorrow 8-)

What a twat Mawsley is!

Go change your adult nappy.

Yep, as soon as I saw the receipt I planned this. I was going to switch out the plugs but have been assured it probably isn't necessary.

I can understand how you did it, some shell stations you have to be careful at the Green can be more deceptive than you think...

That's how it happened, I was busy telling the boy how you buy petrol from a petrol station - I swear I picked up a green one. Stupid bloody service station. :lol:

IMG_3419.JPG

You sir are nob of the day... I mean month :lol: :lol:

no wonder it was smoking! :lol:

IMG_3419.JPG

It's not even the cheap diesel....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

IMG_3419.JPG

It's not even the cheap diesel....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

giphy.gif

My nomination is Excel Car Park boss. They now charge £20 to park a car - "but it is for 24 hours".

Wtf parks at an exhibition for 24hours?

No wonder the exhibitors at Grand Designs today were complaining about low numbers.

I won't visit there again.

Bikes are free. Suit in the panniers. :wink:

I say that but last time I took the car and paid the £20, because it's not my £20.

IMG_3419.JPG

ahahahahaahaha! ahahahahahaha! ahahahahahaha! breathe! ahahahahahaha! ahahahahahaha! ahahahahahaha! BREATHE!!

You muppet! How did you stand there and fill a motorcycle with diesel without smelling it?

And did the guy at Red House have a naughty grin on his face as he authorised the pump? Or is was it the woman? She's daft as a brush!

Can't be much help sorting it out, I can only sit it the wheelchair, point and take the piss, but if you need garage space with tools, music & coffee just shout, I'm home all day every day at the moment.

IMG_3419.JPG

ahahahahaahaha! ahahahahahaha! ahahahahahaha! breathe! ahahahahahaha! ahahahahahaha! ahahahahahaha! BREATHE!!

You muppet! How did you stand there and fill a motorcycle with diesel without smelling it?

And did the guy at Red House have a naughty grin on his face as he authorised the pump? Or is was it the woman? She's daft as a brush!

Can't be much help sorting it out, I can only sit it the wheelchair, point and take the piss, but if you need garage space with tools, music & coffee just shout, I'm home all day every day at the moment.

Old guy, very happy with himself. The shit, he must have known.

I was so busy teaching the lad about what to do and what to watch out for at service stations. Normally I'm in my bubble of getting things done, it was burst by this distraction.

I've emptied the tank...but only realised today that while I'd only put 12 litres in, 24 litres had to come out. Cue frantic scrambling about to find any spare receptacle I could lay a hand to :bang:

Hopefully get the carbs off later to drain them, unless another family member thinks I'm the best free cab service since free cab services were never invented.

I'm available to make sure your Tiger is still running though, don't want it seizing up with neglect or anything... 8-)

Funny thing when I moved south I had to learn to look which pump I was at. Up North they tend to look and remember you if they have to ask they are apologetic. On the bike they some times ask if there are 2 of you.

Down in the south in SOME stations you can be the only one in the station and you still have to tell them which pump your at. Then if you reply with "the bike" they have to look up at you to check why you sounded so sarcastic, then still expect you to say which pump.

Then it can vary considerably, Picket post both garages Shell A31 West bound, friendly and normally know which pump and wish safe ride (often after asking where your going). East bound a very different service...

Funny thing when I moved south I had to learn to look which pump I was at. Up North they tend to look and remember you if they have to ask they are apologetic. On the bike they some times ask if there are 2 of you.

Down in the south in SOME stations you can be the only one in the station and you still have to tell them which pump your at. Then if you reply with "the bike" they have to look up at you to check why you sounded so sarcastic, then still expect you to say which pump.

Then it can vary considerably, Picket post both garages Shell A31 West bound, friendly and normally know which pump and wish safe ride (often after asking where your going). East bound a very different service...

Where Mawsley filled up is a tiny station (by southern standards), only 4 pumps serving 6 bays, the first 4 bays nearest the cashiers window is no HGV's so they are never blocking the view, the cashiers window is sideways onto the forecourt he can see every bay, and the old man always looks up to see who it is before authorising the pump. He's not daft either, he's had that place a long time and he knows all bikes take petrol.

https://goo.gl/maps/CRhzrfqz3p12

If someone was trying to put diesel in a motorbike, I'm odds on he let them do it just for devilment. :twisted:

Plot twist, the old guy at Red House service station is the nob of the day!

Pretty malicious if he did see you and let you carry on :shock:

I was the only one at a pump, it's without question that he saw me and knew what I was doing. Doesn't cover up for me being an utter twat mind.

My boss for being under the impression that spouting dates at me before I'm even sat down at my desk first thing in the morning is somehow going to illicit a useful response. :roll:

This morning it was the nob on his mobile at the lights, who was just a bit too slow noticing they'd changed, causing me to lose the toes of my left foot to lava. :lol:

hahaha it took me a while to get this :lol: