Travel towel

Just for a bit of info for anyone who likes to travel light and get a wash :lol:

I have just bought two of these to try out

As you can see from the pics they are microfibre travel towels from Mountain warehouse

They pack up very small and will take up little to no room the bumf says they will dry 4x faster than a normal towel and take up 1/8th of the space of a standard towel and are 6x lighter!

They are available in a range of sizes I got the largest ones and they are pretty big 85cm x 150cm

If anyone has used anything microfibre before you will know that they are quick drying and also highly absorbent

These where £8.99 each RRP is £26.99 and other places I have checked are around £15

First issue have noticed is they are a twat to get folded up right and back in to the pouch but isn't everything :lol:

I will report back once tried and tested :)

2017-05-19 20.20.51.jpg

2017-05-19 20.20.44.jpg

2017-05-19 20.22.51.jpg

I have one I've used lots in the past, usually when packpacking or cycling. Definitely a great purchase if you need to travel light, and wouldn't be without mine at times.

They do get you dry, but you'll never feel quite as dry as with a normal towel. Not enough to get your clothes damp when getting dressed, but don't expect quite the same outcome!

They dry fairly quickly too, but benefit from being properly wrung out if you can.

I agree about them being a pain to get back in the pouch though!

Cheers for the info Lat

Pretty much what I thought they would be like to be honest with you

I am a man I only quickly dry off anyway :lol: :lol:

Yay, Hitchhiker's Guide

There's a frood who really knows where his towel is. Is it big enough to ward off the gaze of the ravenous bugblatter beast of Trall. Sorry, inner geek is escaping.

I've had one for a few years for camping. Work really well. Strange thing I learnt from a detailing website, microfiber clothes dry things better when they are damp. Don't ask my why but it seems to be true.

I have used these on cycling holidays before. They do a job, just not a great job, fine for overall general drying but I found pairing one with a small face towel from primani (99p) for certain areas got a far more pleasing final result.

Well I gave it a try out

And I must say I am impressed

We either have shit towels or this travel one is good as it did the job just as good :lol:

Great advice Stu. Bought one myself for an upcoming trip. My mate used one last year on our Pyrenees trip and I was envious that his dried out in half the time.

Great advice Stu. Bought one myself for an upcoming trip. My mate used one last year on our Pyrenees trip and I was envious that his dried out in half the time.

I was a bit dubious about them to be honest!

I just saw them in the shop when out with the wife and was saying to her how much more she could pack and before we knew it we where at the till buying two :lol:

Space is a premium for me as when we go away we only have the panniers top box and tank bag for the two of us where as most people don't have the missus with them :roll:

I just saw them in the shop when out with the wife and was saying to her how much more she could pack and before we knew it we where at the till buying two :lol:

Space is a premium for me as when we go away we only have the panniers top box and tank bag for the two of us where as most people don't have the missus with them :roll:

When space is at a premium, we've found the Eagle Creek Packing Cubes to be brilliant. Can get loads in, but keeps it all neat and tidy.

When space is at a premium, we've found the Eagle Creek Packing Cubes to be brilliant. Can get loads in, but keeps it all neat and tidy.

Cheers Lat but I already have pannier liners which are the same shape as the panniers :thumb:

The trouble with them is trying to get them in the panniers once the wife fills them :lol: