Robbing b*^#tards

Six30

Few weeks back parked in council car park with the Mrs , bought a ticket from machine ( non sticky ) placed on dash went about our buisness , came back, had a parking ticket on screen got in car and ticket was on the floor must of blown off dash when we shut doors.... now I appealed this , sent pics of ticket to prove we had bought one , their reply was more or less Fook you , pay us £25 with in 14 days or it goes up to £50 :shock: well fook them robbing bast*rds , thier arguement is I should of made sure it was displayed properly , now I wouldn't be posting this if the tickets they supplied out of machines was the sticky type you can stick to screen, and why would I buy a ticket and chuck it on floor of the car , they can see I've paid to park , fooking arse holes..., legalised robbery .... this about principal now .. Up the revolution :D

See that bitch in my avvy ... she's going round the council offices today .

Buy an old car, write the name and address of your most hated council employee on the new owners slip, park the car in council carpark... Walk away...

You were unlucky.

This happened to me in Cornwall.

Wrote to explain and enclose the ticket to prove payment and after quite a few weeks got a letter advising me that no further action would be taken. But they pointed out the PCN was for failure to display a valid ticket and that if it happens again i would have to pay.

I always double check the ticket is visible now.

Same story here. I managed to put my parking ticket face down on the dash once ( :oops: ) and so got rewarded with a ticket when I got back. Got let off on appeal, although they pointed out how kind they were being, as the offence is failure to display a valid ticket, not failure to buy one.

I use parkmobile wherever I can. It costs a few pence more but I get electronic proof that I have paid and the option to extend.

Also I like the idea that the parking Nazi looks at my car, can't find a ticket, gets all excited and then enters my reg number into his Nazi computer and it tells him he can't give me a ticket because I've paid!! I like the idea that they get instant disappointment.

You were unlucky.

This happened to me in Cornwall.

Wrote to explain and enclose the ticket to prove payment and after quite a few weeks got a letter advising me that no further action would be taken. But they pointed out the PCN was for failure to display a valid ticket and that if it happens again i would have to pay.

I always double check the ticket is visible now.

You were very lucky. Cornwall Council are absolute fascists about parking. I have various valid passes etc including court passes and other official related stuff for when I'm called in to do some legal things as an expert and every single time I get a ticket and have to write in with evidence (!) to demonstrate that I was on official business. Muppets.

Is there anything preventing you displaying old tickets as well?

I'm thinking you should simply display every ticket you ever purchased across your dashboard and let the parking attendant locate the valid one...

They obviously don't use the sticky tickets cause it saves em money , although the the yellow ticket they put on your windscreen is sticky ( they don't want that blowing away :roll: ) they must get thousands of revenue off this , getting fined the same as if I didn't buy a ticket ! I've proved I bought a ticket , they should show some lenience, or reduce the fine purely for not displaying ....

I'm thinking you should simply display every ticket you ever purchased across your dashboard and let the parking attendant locate the valid one...

Lol should design a universal dashboard mat with a print of all different tickets, then randomly place the valid one in the middle at the back where its hardest to reach from the outside.

Lol should design a universal dashboard mat with a print of all different tickets, then randomly place the valid one in the middle at the back where its hardest to reach from the outside.

I like the mat idea!!!! lol

Buy an old car, write the name and address of your most hated council employee on the new owners slip, park the car in council carpark... Walk away...

On the A92 in Fife, a group of 4 lads approached a speed camera van and 2 struck up a conversation with the guy inside, pretending to be interested in how it all worked, while the guy was distracted the other 2 lads, nicked the front number plate. They spend the next couple of hours seeing how quickly they could drive past the van with the vans plate on the front of their car.

I use parkmobile wherever I can. It costs a few pence more but I get electronic proof that I have paid and the option to extend.

Also I like the idea that the parking Nazi looks at my car, can't find a ticket, gets all excited and then enters my reg number into his Nazi computer and it tells him he can't give me a ticket because I've paid!! I like the idea that they get instant disappointment.

:D :D :D

You can put what you like on your dash :D :D :D

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-17YjfM4DGYM/UUzJgE-DP5I/AAAAAAAAAOg/hotAz4y35S4/s1600/ticket.jpg