Is ride out a fun?

Srilibian

Hi,

I'm a new rider and riding only for commuting to work at the moment. Thinking about what is rideout and how will it be a fun? What will generally happen on a ride out day? What's the pleasure in that? Please redirect me to the link if it has already been discussed.

I would assume this is an ask about group ride outs?

If so they can be great fun :) Keep an eye on the "Ride-outs"section to see what's happening in your area.

Like Beefy said you can also just go out by yourself and discover some new lovely roads.

The secret to enjoying ride outs is finding people that you can ride with to enjoy the ride. You need people of similar ability. If you ride with faster riders it can be intimidating if you ride with slower riders it can be frustrating, getting the balance right is the key.

I find that looking at the chicken strips helps to give you an idea to the riding style.

• 4 weeks later...

Go out.

Ride for at least 5 miles, then take the first right.

Ride for at least 5 miles, then take the first right.

Keep doing this until you are back home.

Next 'run' either take 2nd right or even (dare I suggest) turn left.

Doing this will help you find good biking roads in your immediate area and allow you to enjoy riding, just for the fun of it.

Come along t'rally (link at top of page) and join in a weekend of fun, social gathering and a Ride Out. 8-)

I wholeheartedly agree with raesewell on this one - if you don't have a similar style and ability to the people you're riding with it can really spoil the fun. There is literally nothing more infuriating than being on a slower bike while being faster in the corners.

Of course they don't all need to be on the same type of bike as you by any means; I most frequently ride with another forum member who rides a Thruxton R and a Z1000SX, but still manage to have a great laugh riding along with my KLX because we stick to the really twisty stuff and avoid long straights where we'll both get bored and I'll get left behind :lol:

Thank you for your endorsement, no need to be so formal call me Rae :D

I organise lots of ride outs and weekends away throughout the year, but I rarely put them on forums, I have a group of people that I know I can ride with and they get the invites. I do on the odd occasion put up rides on various forums to see what happens and maybe pick up a new rider.