Nob of the Day.......

Tango

On the way in this morning I was sat in a long queue heading towards a roundabout (in the car today, hence sat in the queue :roll: ). Not too much oncoming traffic, and a car pulls out from a house on the right to try and make someone let him in - probably been sat there a while, and sometimes its the only way.

Along comes someone in the opposite dirction in a massive Merc SUV jobbie, almost certainly on looking at his phone or something - fails to see the big car blocking his lane until right at the last moment, causing heavy braking, a swerve towards queuing traffic, and a knock into the car blocking his lane. Some dents and broken plastic bits from the blocking car, but the Merc appeared relatively undamaged when I passed. Just to be clear, it's a flat, open road with no excuse whatsoever for not seeing what's ahead, assuming you're actually looking forward and not down.

I have wondered whether they both deserve a nomination, but have decided it's just the Merc driver who was a nob.

Bet the guy coming out his driveway doesn't try it again though. Would be interesting to know where the insurance will stand on that one, the Merc had right of way. That said you can't cause an accident if you are stationary, it then becomes down to the other driver to avoid you whatever obstruction you are causing. Stop in the distance you can see to be clear.

I was changing a tyre on somebody elses car recently with my back to traffic, so I closed a lane with my car using it to shield myself from traffic, lights and hazard lights on, and put a warning triangle a good way behind that. Some nob went straight over the top of my warning triangle and a bystander told me he had to brake and swerve to avoid my car, the noise of the warning triangle hitting the front of his car made him shit himself and start paying attention, and only then he saw my car. What would have happened if they hadn't been there I don't want to think about, if they can miss a warning triangle and a car, there's no chance of them seeing little old me crouching on the floor in a hi-viz jacket, the nob would have flattened me not the warning triangle.

Me :oops:

Came around this corner a tad too fast and almost ditched it into the kerb :shock: :oops: I had slowed down but obviously still not enough :bang: :bang:

It's a double bend and f**ked the entry then over compensated to rectify and almost made it worse. Missed the kerb by a few inches if that.

IMG_1381.thumb.PNG.db183a07a77b6e1af7565d014f42c080.PNG

Me me me. Without a fxxxxxx doubt.

Just dropped off the sidestand at Filey cobbles landing.

Stu. You know the bike parking in front of the ice cream and fish n chips huts. There....

Deathly silence from the mass of tourists...lol

Me me me. Without a fxxxxxx doubt.

Just dropped off the sidestand at Filey cobbles landing.

Stu. You know the bike parking in front of the ice cream and fish n chips huts. There....

Deathly silence from the mass of tourists...lol

Nope!! not been for about 20 years! I hate the place and so do you now :lol:

Hope the bikes OK

I went to Filey on Tuesday and parked by the Tea and fish and chip stalls, I always leave my bike in gear which acts as a brake.

Tipped on side stand....

I'm going to say it was the woman who rear ended my son's mate on his bike, sent him to Coventry's trauma unit and f*cked off from the scene of the accident.

Yep, it's her today.

We have a winner!

Seriously though, hope he's going to be ok. Anyone manage to get her reg plate or anything?

No idea, but there's enough cameras in town. I'm a little perplexed how he knew it was a woman seeing as she did him from behind and skipped? Either way, someone did it. Doesn't seem fair when they're that young.

Bike not too bad.

Brake lever fxxxxxd

Fairing a bit dodgy.

No one hurt. That's the main thing.

Very very embarrassing mind :lol:

Not to much damage then .... that must of been a terrible walk of shame to pick it up , I feel your pain.

:D

Bike not too bad.

Brake lever fxxxxxd

Fairing a bit dodgy.

No one hurt. That's the main thing.

Very very embarrassing mind :lol:

Not to much damage then .... that must of been a terrible walk of shame to pick it up , I feel your pain.

:D

Aye it was.

Due to my looks there wasn't even a snigger.

Then 2 old boys bless them. Came over said " now then lad. Thas fxxxxx that. Needs n hand" lol

Gotta laugh. Half cut now at caravan.

On the way in this morning I was sat in a long queue heading towards a roundabout (in the car today, hence sat in the queue :roll: ). Not too much oncoming traffic, and a car pulls out from a house on the right to try and make someone let him in - probably been sat there a while, and sometimes its the only way.

Along comes someone in the opposite dirction in a massive Merc SUV jobbie, almost certainly on looking at his phone or something - fails to see the big car blocking his lane until right at the last moment, causing heavy braking, a swerve towards queuing traffic, and a knock into the car blocking his lane. Some dents and broken plastic bits from the blocking car, but the Merc appeared relatively undamaged when I passed. Just to be clear, it's a flat, open road with no excuse whatsoever for not seeing what's ahead, assuming you're actually looking forward and not down.

I have wondered whether they both deserve a nomination, but have decided it's just the Merc driver who was a nob.

Bet the guy coming out his driveway doesn't try it again though. Would be interesting to know where the insurance will stand on that one, the Merc had right of way. That said you can't cause an accident if you are stationary, it then becomes down to the other driver to avoid you whatever obstruction you are causing. Stop in the distance you can see to be clear.

I was changing a tyre on somebody elses car recently with my back to traffic, so I closed a lane with my car using it to shield myself from traffic, lights and hazard lights on, and put a warning triangle a good way behind that. Some nob went straight over the top of my warning triangle and a bystander told me he had to brake and swerve to avoid my car, the noise of the warning triangle hitting the front of his car made him shit himself and start paying attention, and only then he saw my car. What would have happened if they hadn't been there I don't want to think about, if they can miss a warning triangle and a car, there's no chance of them seeing little old me crouching on the floor in a hi-viz jacket, the nob would have flattened me not the warning triangle.

One of the videos you get shown for motorway roadside work

Your never safe from idiots

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/horror-moment-lorry-ploughs-rac-5057273

That said you can't cause an accident if you are stationary, it then becomes down to the other driver to avoid you whatever obstruction you are causing.

Depends who's reading the Highway code....

I am presently in the middle of a claim where I was following a van that signalled left and pulled into side road, whilst flashing van out of same side road. I end up faced with side of van stopped on my side of road as the van I am following pulls into side road.

I stop before the fan (a meter or so I guess), van continues to pull out with FULL LOCK on clips my front wheel and takes the bike down. Last I heard from the insurance company it was going to be a 50/50 settlement (I have sent cam footage).

Insurance companies make up there own rules, who will win in this case? Probably the one with "premium" insurance...

That said you can't cause an accident if you are stationary, it then becomes down to the other driver to avoid you whatever obstruction you are causing.

Depends who's reading the Highway code....

I am presently in the middle of a claim where I was following a van that signalled left and pulled into side road, whilst flashing van out of same side road. I end up faced with side of van stopped on my side of road as the van I am following pulls into side road.

I stop before the fan (a meter or so I guess), van continues to pull out with FULL LOCK on clips my front wheel and takes the bike down. Last I heard from the insurance company it was going to be a 50/50 settlement (I have sent cam footage).

Insurance companies make up there own rules, who will win in this case? Probably the one with "premium" insurance...

Van was moving and violated your right of way. Not the same as you coming across a stationary obstruction in the road and not being able to stop.

I'm going to say it was the woman who rear ended my son's mate on his bike, sent him to Coventry's trauma unit and f*cked off from the scene of the accident.

Yep, it's her today.

Hope your son's mate is ok? People just don't seem to care anymore!

My nomination is: the people that think it's appropriate to post jokes in the comments for an article on FB about the Grenfell Tower tragedy!......... let's douse you in petrol and set fire to you and see how f*ckin funny you find that! :evil:

Me ... left both my phones on roof of car , one survived the 4 mile journey , there is a little magnet in the case and it had flipped open and hung on for dear life, luckily it was my Main phone with all my numbers etc in.... the other one must be laying in the middle if the A2 somewhere :?

Last night, on the way back from squash in the cage at about 10:30.......on a single carriageway NSL road I came to a roundabout with a 30 limit and I went straight across, but I noticed a car came right up behind me, swinging from side to side......We exited the roundabout and the road went back to NSL, so I accelerated to that (ish) but matey was still on my tail.....He couldn't overtake because of oncoming traffic......A bit further up the road the oncoming traffic disappeared, so matey overtook very close and then sang in front of me, so I flashed him......so he brake tested me.....so I flashed him again.....and he brake tested me again. An old fella in an old Merc estate. Further up the road he overtook another car and a van into oncoming traffic......Both flashed him, but he carried on. I was half expecting to see him in a field, or worse, further up the road, as it gets a bit twisty. Driving like that it's only a matter of time before he kills himself or someone else.

The unfortunate thing was that I didn't have my dash cam in the car..... :evil:

We have a winner!

Seriously though, hope he's going to be ok. Anyone manage to get her reg plate or anything?

No idea, but there's enough cameras in town. I'm a little perplexed how he knew it was a woman seeing as she did him from behind and skipped? Either way, someone did it. Doesn't seem fair when they're that young.

Hope he's ok and they catch whoever done it, there are some f*^*king arsholes out there .

The award goes to the 4x4 driver that almost ruined me. Straightish road I come over a blind crest to be confronted by a silver 4x4 overtaking a caravan on a b road. My heart sank, hard on the brakes looking for the softest looking bush to land in. Realised I went stopping and the car wasn't backing out I took my chance with the grit and stones that gather at the side of the road, arm catches the wing mirror I get past still on two wheels and sigh with relief I can get back to my boy to finish fathers day.

Considered turning round and hunting him/her down but thought better of it as I was raging decided to clear my head with the rest of the ride

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The award goes to the 4x4 driver that almost ruined me. Straightish road I come over a blind crest to be confronted by a silver 4x4 overtaking a caravan on a b road. My heart sank, hard on the brakes looking for the softest looking bush to land in. Realised I went stopping and the car wasn't backing out I took my chance with the grit and stones that gather at the side of the road, arm catches the wing mirror I get past still on two wheels and sigh with relief I can get back to my boy to finish fathers day.

Considered turning round and hunting him/her down but thought better of it as I was raging decided to clear my head with the rest of the ride

Shocking. Glad your alright!

Must have been tough to ride away. Fair play.

Cheers guys, yh I'm all good safely wrapped up at home gladly.

By far the scariest moment I have had, I'm sure if I had have turned around the stupid smidsy comment would have sent me over the edge, I can't believe we share the roads with these absolute morons

At least if I ha e a slide in a bend and it's a near miss it's my fault but makes you think your never too far from something out of your control

Early nomination for a Saturday: the van driver who couldn't bare being behind a red light, so constantly shuffled forward, half out the other side of the pedestrian crossing. Shuffled so far, in fact, that he couldn't see the lights any more and required me to notify him that they'd turned green.

He completed the exercise by then turning right on a no-right-turn junction.

Chapeau, mon ami. You massive bell-end.