Had my first proper ride yesterday

As above I had my first ride out yesterday after passing my test on Thursday.

My dad was following me.

We went to a local bike cafe called Chequered flag and had something to drink.

We went on a dual carriageway and I stayed behind the traffic as I would do on my little 125 Varadero.

We pulled in and my dad says " I thought you were going to get past the traffic"

Me personally would have loved to but I thought he might see it and give me a rollickin at the cafe.

I got a couple of quick pictures then went to Trago mills in Liskeard turned round then headed home.

I opened the throttle a little and overtook a car( please bear in mind I was on a straight and it was a dual carriageway and it was an old camper doing 35mph)

I probably be heard shouted Shiteing hell fire from the next village.

We got home and my dad washed and polished the bikes.

Anyway a coupe of pictures.

http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac137/montytom/20170616_125909_zpsuplxk0qm.jpg

http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac137/montytom/20170616_125924_zpsbvsllknn.jpg

Thanks for looking in

Thomas

Awesome stuff mate! Don't worry about sitting behind any traffic if you don't have to especially if its on something like a dual carriageway :D your bike will be faster than 99% of cars on the road. I don't think your dad would have a go if you do everything in a safe manner :thumb:

Awesome stuff mate! Don't worry about sitting behind any traffic if you don't have to especially if its on something like a dual carriageway :D your bike will be faster than 99% of cars on the road. I don't think your dad would have a go if you do everything in a safe manner :thumb:

Thankyou my dad pulled alongside when we got to the toll booth and he was smiling asked if I was ok and said you enjoyed that didnt you. I couldnt hide the smile on my face

:thumb: enjoying yourself then .... and getting your dad to clean your bike , like your style :D

Thanks my dad seems to enjoy it, I make him a cup of tea seems a fair trade to me :lol:

Yes i really am enjoying it I only regret not doing it sooner

Nice one mate......... 8-)

Yeah, progress at your own pace, never feel pressured into doing anything until you feel ready......build it up nice and slowly....... 8-)

I would recommend you get yourself on a BikeSafe course with the police if they do them near you.......they'll give you plenty of good advice...... 8-)

Nice one mate......... 8-)

Yeah, progress at your own pace, never feel pressured into doing anything until you feel ready......build it up nice and slowly....... 8-)

I would recommend you get yourself on a BikeSafe course with the police if they do them near you.......they'll give you plenty of good advice...... 8-)

Thankyou I have spoken to my training school about going out to get more lessons but I will look at a bikesafe course.

Thanks again Thomas

Sorted! :lol: just take it steady and go at your own pace, you'll be fine :D

Thankyou my dad makes me ride up front so he can protect me and also see what I am up to so I decide the speed we travel at which suits me as I feel more comfortable that way

Courses to continually improve your riding are Bikesafe, RoSPA and I.A.M.

I did mine with I.A.M. and my IAM club also does rideouts, foreign trips and social events.

https://www.iamroadsmart.com/courses#

I've just started on my IAM course too, and am enjoying it already. Would definitely recommend the further training once you're used to the bike and have some miles under your belt. :thumb: