Module 2 fail

Hi guys 1st time i did my module 2 i was fail cause i indicate right but went straight i know it was my fault i rebooked again yesterday everything was fine no major or minor fault he failed me again because i was in right lane Do i have to be in left lane?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Hi guys 1st time i did my module 2 i was fail cause i indicate right but went straight i know it was my fault i rebooked again yesterday everything was fine no major or minor fault he failed me again because i was in right lane Do i have to be in left lane?

To be honest mate, we'll have no idea. You'll need to talk to your instructor about the particular junction in question. Was the instructor there for the de-brief after the test?

Yes he was there he told me that when i was in right lane the car behind try to overtake me and i was slowing him down but i was going speed limit not too fast not too slow and also he said right lane is for overtaking.offcourse i knoe its for overtaking.there were 3 other guy i met at test centre they fail 3rd time with same examinor.

I am not saying my examinor is wrong he may be right but he fail me because i was in right lane?it was 40pmh road. anyway thanks for reply guys i have booked again i hope i will pass this time

I dunno if this helps: you should only use the right hand lane if you're overtaking another car, if you're about to turn right, or if you're coming up to a roundabout where you're going to turn right. The rest of the time you should be in the left hand lane.

All the best with the retest. :thumb:

I dunno if this helps: you should only use the right hand lane if you're overtaking another car, if you're about to turn right, or if you're coming up to a roundabout where you're going to turn right. The rest of the time you should be in the left hand lane.

All the best with the retest. :thumb:

I think you are right bonio thanks mate

Yes he was there he told me that when i was in right lane the car behind try to overtake me and i was slowing him down but i was going speed limit not too fast not too slow

I believe the Highway Code says that you should always allow people to overtake regardless of their speed, although I am certain it was something in the theory test revision.

Essentially it is that you are not the police, so what other people do is nothing to do with you. If the lane to the left is clear then by causing traffic to needlessly take evasive action by braking or changing lanes to undertake you then you are at fault.

I assume you were heading towards Croydon on the A23 Purely Way? That is the only 40mph road in Purely with two lanes, as it is only a single lane heading into Purley. As the road there bends to the left, although not significantly to be an issue, I could see it being taken as a sign of poor awareness if you force people to have to move to the left and decreasing their visibility to pass you.

Always keep left, unless overtaking or you need to be in another lane because of rout directions ie the road spills off and your following that road, if you keep to the right your forcing people to overtake on the left which is not safe, it's regardless if they are breaking speed limits that's not your concern.

Keep at it, just think of it as more practice, albeit slightly expensive practice.