Does all motorbike clothing make you look like a Gimp?

I am looking for my first set of motorbike clothing, but don't fancy looking like I'm dressed for a fetish party in skin tight leathers, so I'm looking for an alternative.

What are my options?

PS - If I have offended anyone with my comments I apologise, I am just hoping for a reaction :cheers:

Ive got my RST textiles that ive had since i started with bikes,

have done me well especially in the winter months and I look alrite with them on lol

kinda the same reason why ive stayed away from leathers , cus id look like an idiot with leathers while riding a fazer lol

Ive got my RST textiles that ive had since i started with bikes,

have done me well especially in the winter months and I look alrite with them on lol

kinda the same reason why ive stayed away from leathers , cus id look like an idiot with leathers while riding a fazer lol

Err you might :up: best advice about leathers is keep em as black as possible!

Goes with anything and looks fine, If you dont want leathers go for textiles or if your really ymca inclined some camo print :lol:

Ha ha, I knew it wouldn't take long to get a bit of banter going!

best advice about leathers is keep em as black as possible!

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/0/8/5/5/0/3/webimg/367334456_o.jpg

Bring out the gimp!! :lol:

IMO better to look a gimp and be protected if you have an off than to worry what you look like!!

But as Techno said, black leathers are better - personally I don't like the 'let's match our leathers to our bike' look! Especially if they're white!!! :shock:

Ha ha, I knew it wouldn't take long to get a bit of banter going!

best advice about leathers is keep em as black as possible!

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/0/8/5/5/0/3/webimg/367334456_o.jpg

Bring out the gimp!! :lol:

Is that yours and is it actually leather :up:

Oh and I dont think that helmet wil offer too much protection!

Is it necessary to look like a power ranger in order to have sufficient abrasion protection to avoid road rash? That guy looks like he's wearing a tracksuit, not proper Textile Motorcycle trousers.

What i will say to that is i came off in my textille jacket and I must have slid on my back cos when i took off the jaclet it had melted away and only thing stopped me getting hurt was the foam back protector that was in the jacket.

Ggod job I went along on my back as I was also in jeans as I was coming home from work!

Is it necessary to look like a power ranger in order to have sufficient abrasion protection to avoid road rash? That guy looks like he's wearing a tracksuit, not proper Textile Motorcycle trousers.

Having come off multiple times in the 20/25/30mph range, i can say that my textiles were up to the job protection wise. More often than not though, the sliding put holes in them whereas with leathers i feel they might have been able to be reused. So if you fall off more regularly, leathers might be cheaper!

A gentleman would wear Plus sixes argylle socks and Black Brogues.For his jacket in fine weather a fetching worsted with a warm scarf.

In poor weather a tough waterproof like an armadrake or Long Macintosh with tummy padding and long rubber waders.I prefer the three fingered gauntlets for my hands as they keep warmer.

A gentleman would wear Plus sixes argylle socks and Black Brogues.For his jacket in fine weather a fetching worsted with a warm scarf.

In poor weather a tough waterproof like an armadrake or Long Macintosh with tummy padding and long rubber waders.I prefer the three fingered gauntlets for my hands as they keep warmer.

:shock: WTF?

Yeh I can, I get rimmed by my brother and dad at xmas cos of the " dressing up in leather trousers" thing I just point out they dont know what there missing and are ultimatly jealous. :lol:
oh dear :shock: :mrgreen:

Came off the bike in both textiles and leathers at about 20 mph each time.

Both stood up to the test brilliantly, though the textiles were quite frayed after where as the leather jut has a small scuff.

Personally I think the choice comes down to what weather you're going to be riding in. Textiles are a must in the winter, though as still good in the summer.

Yeh I can, I get rimmed by my brother and dad at xmas cos of the " dressing up in leather trousers" thing I just point out they dont know what there missing and are ultimatly jealous. :lol:
oh dear :shock: :mrgreen:

Incest is best!! :3some:

re orginal question, yes it just might do !

So I recomend trackkies, trainers and T shirt, make sure they are branded and the right brand so you can look cool. Of course you won't get invites to some 'interesting' partys :shock:

And don't blame me if you don't walk ever again after the years of surgery and skin grafts. At least you wouldn't look like a gimp.