Simple way to stop mirrors swinging in?

Inithra

No matter how I try to tighten them, my mirrors will not stay put! I think the thread has gone, or something. The left is much worse than the right, as it can swing all the way in so it's basically at 90 degrees to the bars! The right only moves a little bit, and only at high speeds combines with high winds.

Is there any way to stop either of them moving? I think somebody told me about a kind of tape you can put on the thread that will help, but I can't remember what it's called.

Aren't there two bolts or something? Take it completely off and have a fiddle. If its one bolt by turning the other way it tightens the wing mirror and stops it turning. Then put it on handle bars, takes a bit of adjustment to get right.

Just googled your bike - gorgeous!! I used to ride a Kymco Zing 125 and had this issue with both sets of mirrors I had - cruisery mirrors are a lot more flimsy than on say a sport bike methinks: i used to carry 2 spanners in my bag with me everywhere (then got a tool roll and kept em in there - looks fab on the front of thee bike!). I did buy thread lock but never used it cos I used to adjust my mirrors all the bloody time!

Just googled your bike - gorgeous!!

Heh. While I agree that bike can look good, I had a battered version of it, bought as a total non-runner and fixed up by my brother. Was never happy with it, and after he died I didn't have enough knowledge to keep up with the maintenance, so I got a Kawasaki Eliminator 125 (in the electric blue) that is in MUCH better condition, and even better looking!

[album]676[/album]

Just googled your bike - gorgeous!!

Heh. While I agree that bike can look good, I had a battered version of it, bought as a total non-runner and fixed up by my brother. Was never happy with it, and after he died I didn't have enough knowledge to keep up with the maintenance, so I got a Kawasaki Eliminator 125 (in the electric blue) that is in MUCH better condition, and even better looking!

[album]676[/album]

Ah, in which case you need to update your profile - says you have a Cougar still. That bike is also v nice, love the electric blue. I saw one just like that in Cambridge by King's College the other day - my head almost turned the WHOLE way round looking at it *Exorcist stylee - without the puke!* :lol: