cbr 125 problems

Pageyboi

Has anyone encountered any problems with Honda cbr 125r

My local dealerships assure me they are bulletproof bikes and most reviews

Big then up for reliability so was just wondering if there was any issues people have had

Thanks

I bought my cbr125 just over a year ago. It has been stolen once and they were off-roading it, got it back after a month with many bits broken and missing. Was about to sell it for parts and buy new bike but decided to fix it. I've done about 11k miles on it in a year pushing it to its limits all the time. Crashed countless number of times. Engine is still running fine after that all. Yes they are bulletproof bikes...

I had one for 12 months throw it down the road twice and did plymouth to kent and back again twice couldn't fault it other than the size was bit small for my 6 foot 1 frame! (Old shape bike)

I've had problems with mine. Voltage regulator(i think) stopped battery charging and i ended up on the side of the road. The back brake likes to stick sometimes but apparently that's me needing to clean it as i ride it all year round and never clean in winter. Also have a strange high pitched noise coming from somewhere around the fuel tank which ill have the garage look at when its in for a service that's due soon. Bike is a 2013 model.

They are very, very small bikes, but they're basically a CG125 in a fancy suit, so about as bulletproof as they come.

If anything, they are more bulletproof than the CG!

Water cooled, basic 2 valve with 2.5BHP more than the CG and about the same weight. They tend to be able to do short stints on motorways better than the CG and have better handling.

If you buy a high mileage one, I suggest doing a valve clearance, and check all the bearings. As long as the motor isn't too vibey I wouldn't delve too far. Very high mileage ones need the clutch doing but it's fairly easy on one of these bikes.

I put 4000 miles on one once. I can vouch for it being a good bike!

They are very, very small bikes, but they're basically a CG125 in a fancy suit, so about as bulletproof as they come.

If anything, they are more bulletproof than the CG!

Water cooled, basic 2 valve with 2.5BHP more than the CG and about the same weight. They tend to be able to do short stints on motorways better than the CG and have better handling.

If you buy a high mileage one, I suggest doing a valve clearance, and check all the bearings. As long as the motor isn't too vibey I wouldn't delve too far. Very high mileage ones need the clutch doing but it's fairly easy on one of these bikes.

I put 4000 miles on one once. I can vouch for it being a good bike!

im buying brandnew straight from the local Honda dealership ! no fuss

• 5 years later...

The sound you are hearing is from fuel pump, remove cap then start bike and listen inside fuel tank and you will hear it clearer, not sure of what's causing it, possible blockage somewhere or fuel pump maybe on way out, I own a 2016 model with 1100 miles and it recently started same noise, so back to dealership tomorrow for health check.

The sound you are hearing is from fuel pump, remove cap then start bike and listen inside fuel tank and you will hear it clearer, not sure of what's causing it, possible blockage somewhere or fuel pump maybe on way out, I own a 2016 model with 1100 miles and it recently started same noise, so back to dealership tomorrow for health check.

I'm sure that's usually the case, but given the age of this thread it might also be the flux capacitor charging up.