HPI checks?

min200

OK then following on from the hairy arsed moment last week on the bike I have finally sourced another one. I was going to go into a bit of debt for one but seeing as our original plan was to save up over the 18 months - two years I decided to stick with that and just spend what I had saved so far.

Now with a budget of £800 I managed to find another GSX600F in the same colour on the same year as mine! Its just been serviced and has a new pair of Avon boots on it so with a whole extra bike of spares sat on the driveway here I will be getting it on Sunday.

Even though its a cheap hack I thought it best to do a quick HPI check on it but have never done this before so how do I go about it and do you folk have any recommendations please :)

:stupid:

I used HPI's own site hpi.co.uk

Reg, money, job's a good'un

When I did mine it asked for a few extra details after sending me the initial report: number on the V5, frame number, mileage etc as well, encourages you to go and look at those and make sure they're matched as well. Or get the seller to look.

personally I wouldnt bother for such a low price bike!

as long as its not nicked then the rest of a HPI is a waste of money

I wonder if you can contact local plod to see if it has a marker on it :?

but if they have owned it for a while and have service history or receipts then I doubt it will be nicked

now if you was talking a few grand yes go for it

Try

totalcarcheck.co.uk

It gives a bunch of info for free including if its stolen.

Didn't know this one. Looked up my bike and was shocked at the average millage it claimed! :lol:

About 100 000 miles out but to be fair it did estimate! :lol:

221821487_HPIcheck.JPG.255d56393dc420cdf15866fa476b6457.JPG

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

found checkcardetails is best to do hpi they are cheapest and data is accurate

HPI or similar , you'll get a full report , finance , nicked written off etc.

There other cheaper checks but they don tell you everything one being a text to 86300 which doesn't tell you if it's had finance or logbook loan etc .

Even if it is a nicked bike if you have paid fair market value for it then it would go to interpleader and you would probably end up keeping the bike.

Good to know , so if I get someone to go nick me a bike , make up an invoice for a fair market price , then it comes to light its nicked , I get to keep it .

Even if it is a nicked bike if you have paid fair market value for it then it would go to interpleader and you would probably end up keeping the bike.

Good to know , so if I get someone to go nick me a bike , make up an invoice for a fair market price , then it comes to light its nicked , I get to keep it .

Yeah but your mate will get a visit from dibble.

made up address , and I got it delivered :D

made up address , and I got it delivered :D

You sir are a criminal mastermind.