Bike wont start

mr_vimto

So on thursday my daelim roadwin r 125 broke down in st.Albans area, had to get towed back to heathrow. Bike just cut out at a traffic light, wouldn't start waited 5 mins then it started again. Rode for about a minute then it cut out again and the rear wheel locked up, I quickly pulled the clutch in and rolled to a stop. Bike simply won't turn over, tried push starting.

Note I had been riding 7 hours in pissing down rain.

The electrics still seem to work e.g the dash, lights, heated grips.

The breakdown guy thought the engine may have seized so i tried some trouble shooting. I put it into its top gear and tried to turn the wheel, I was able to do this. I then tried turning the crankshaft with a socket and it turned.

Originally this was the sound i was getting when i hit the ignition https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwcjR2yKBYE

When i turned the crankshaft and hit the ignition at the sametime this was the sound i was getting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLvRaT41ie0

now the starter magnetic switch (i think thats what its called) Is making a very weird noise and is vibrating quite alot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXrE4h2D91U

Is it possible that its the magnetic thing is faulty and not providing enough power to the engine, because there was a few times where for a split second i would have a sudden loss of power.

Which was the same thing that would happen when i had my old dodgy battery, when it died i would have to keep push starting it till it had enough power to keep the engine going. (took like an hour)

• 6 months later...

Could be also faulty starter. Or alternator. When your turning the engine the starter kicks into life.

Test with a new battery. No way of testing alternator (stator on bikes?) without it running.

Could be also faulty starter. Or alternator. When your turning the engine the starter kicks into life.

Test with a new battery. No way of testing alternator (stator on bikes?) without it running.

check the fuse on the battery, mine went there, physically take the fuse out and make sure the ends are attached..... had me guessing for an hour or so as when you open the fuse holder the fuse looks intact,, but its not.