Derbi Senda 50 Problems, Help

harrisoncoleman1

So I was just enjoying riding, then my bike just cut off and put me to a stop on the side of a main road.

Since that happened my kick start stopped working, I have to bump it on every time I want to ride and

my bike just doesn't idle if its not being revved the engine will just turn off every time no matter the temp.

I was just wondering if anyone knew the common problems with these symptoms and a fix? What part it

needs if any? Or is there a wire that's come out or something.

I really don't know much about bikes as only just got into them.

I'm hoping someone has an idea of what it could be would help me out alot.

Thanks

Welcome, no idea of your issue sorry.

Does the battery have and hold a charge, if it's not charging it will struggle to idle and start.

You need to be methodical, check power, check switches and wiring etc.

Edited by Bender

Start with basics like battery leads , connectors , earth leads , HT leads , side stand switch etc etc . If you can't find anything electrical that is causing the problem then turn your attention to the fuel system . As previously mentioned , be methodical even to the extent of writing notes . Remember , the bike was working then ONE thing changed . Find this thing and change it back . Resist the temptation to fiddle with things to see what happens because you may end up masking the real fault .