SW scotland, ride?

Post here all planned ride outs and meets for this area.
Delta Mike
Bike(s): (02)BMW F650 GS; (04)BMW R1200 GS
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: SW scotland, ride?

Post by Delta Mike » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:59 pm

jafman wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:44 am
It should be noted that allthough having lived in Scotland for some time I am English (just in case your ringtone on your phone is 'Bannockburn'

:D
There s a ‘Bannockburn’ ringtone....? :wink:
Not all those who wander are lost

Up to 25% off insurance Click here for more info

Copycat73
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 53 times

Post by Copycat73 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:04 pm

dynax wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:12 pm
@S-Westerly :lol: What you have is a "WANT" not a "NEED" perhaps what i should have said is that a 125 would be suitable for most peoples basic needs :lol: :thumb:
well then .. sell yours and buy a 125cc .. :booty:

dynax
Subscriber
Bike(s): Xena, Bridget, Florence (WIP)
Has liked: 1671 times
Been liked: 1007 times

Post by dynax » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:10 pm

Copycat73 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:04 pm
dynax wrote:
@S-Westerly :lol: What you have is a "WANT" not a "NEED" perhaps what i should have said is that a 125 would be suitable for most peoples basic needs :lol: :thumb:
They are already :booty: :thumb:
Mike, just cruising around with Xena 8-)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmihUc ... subscriber

fastbob
Bike(s): Harley Davidson 1200 Roadster
Has liked: 2867 times
Been liked: 3149 times

Post by fastbob » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:31 pm

dynax wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:55 pm
125cc wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:04 pm
Just goes to show how much fun can be had on these wee bikes!

Think I may venture out and stretch my wings a bit further once I get my winter gloves in the post. 8-)
With todays modern 125's the reality is these machines are all anyone actually NEEDS, they are suited for every type of riding that being commuting, popping into town a weekend pootle or a full on tour :thumb:
No no no , I need a 1200 Harley just like I needed an 1100 Suzuki or a Zed 1000 or a GS850 . If you think you can ride the whole M6 followed by the M74 , M8 and the A82 through Glen Coe to Fort William on a 125 in one day then good luck to you .

FallingDown
Subscriber
Bike(s): CRF250 Rally - Streetbob
Has liked: 170 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by FallingDown » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:40 pm

Copycat73 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:04 pm
dynax wrote:
This is like telling the Pope to pray

Richzx6r
Bike(s): Kawasaki zx6r j1 and a1p 636
Has liked: 3098 times
Been liked: 1007 times

Post by Richzx6r » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:13 pm

I for one definitely couldn't go back to a 125cc as imho they are bloody dangerous I will definitely go with the train of thought of more power is safer and no.....you will not instantly kill yourself as you will be too shit scared to open up a bike with 200+bhp on stepping off a 125 than anything else.

They are easier to ride as the bike is capable of so much and just pootling around is using so little power that you have so much more brain power to be used on observation and everything else that requires your attention

Just my Penny's worth
Its better when its loaded

fastbob

Post by fastbob » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:32 pm

Great Fun on Small Bikes .

JackieOWheels
Bike(s): Suzuki RF600R
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by JackieOWheels » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:36 pm

fastbob wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:32 pm
Haha! I must admit those small bikes look fun as hell. Now I know what @Stu's riding on his profile pic.
Are they ever road legal or do you only get to ride them in a track?
Ride safe everyone, hope to see you all out there!

Stu
Site Admin
Bike(s): FJR1300 & BMW F650ST
Has liked: 3554 times
Been liked: 3113 times

Post by Stu » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:21 pm

JackieOWheels wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:36 pm
fastbob wrote:
Haha! I must admit those small bikes look fun as hell. Now I know what @Stu's riding on his profile pic.
Track only and they are great fun!

You would be surprised at how much they handle like a full size bike!
Fines are taxes for doing bad, taxes are fines for doing good.

fastbob

Post by fastbob » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:34 pm

JackieOWheels wrote:
fastbob wrote:
Well that's an interesting question . When I worked at M&P in Coventry we had a chap called Andy Carlisle working with us on Saturdays and Sundays . We used to sell cheap and nasty Chinese Mini Moto's and Andy bought a yellow one for a laugh . The story goes that he took it for an MOT by walking into the test center with it under his arm in a bin bag . Astonishingly he got a daytime MOT so he started riding it to work on Sunday mornings . He actually used to ride this thing about five miles including going round Coventry Ring Road . I made a vinyl decal of a banana to go on the fairing and I remember that it had a reduced photocopy of the tax disc on the screen . And that's a true story . By the way , Andy Carlisle went on to be the current fastest bike rider around the Nurburgring and became a close friend of Guy Martin .

JackieOWheels

Post by JackieOWheels » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:26 pm

fastbob wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:34 pm
JackieOWheels wrote:
fastbob wrote:
Well that's an interesting question . When I worked at M&P in Coventry we had a chap called Andy Carlisle working with us on Saturdays and Sundays . We used to sell cheap and nasty Chinese Mini Moto's and Andy bought a yellow one for a laugh . The story goes that he took it for an MOT by walking into the test center with it under his arm in a bin bag . Astonishingly he got a daytime MOT so he started riding it to work on Sunday mornings . He actually used to ride this thing about five miles including going round Coventry Ring Road . I made a vinyl decal of a banana to go on the fairing and I remember that it had a reduced photocopy of the tax disc on the screen . And that's a true story . By the way , Andy Carlisle went on to be the current fastest bike rider around the Nurburgring and became a close friend of Guy Martin .
Haha, I won't lie, I had to look up those two people you mentioned above so I had no idea who they are, I also watched the video of Andy's lap online, it was pretty insane! How he did that in under 8mins is impressive!!

fastbob

Post by fastbob » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:30 pm

JackieOWheels wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:26 pm
fastbob wrote:
JackieOWheels wrote:

Haha, I won't lie, I had to look up those two people you mentioned above so I had no idea who they are, I also watched the video of Andy's lap online, it was pretty insane! How he did that in under 8mins is impressive!!
I can't believe you've never heard of Guy Martin . He's never off the telly ! Here's the two of them trying for the Nurburgring van record .

JackieOWheels

Post by JackieOWheels » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:34 pm

fastbob wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:30 pm
JackieOWheels wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:26 pm
fastbob wrote:

I can't believe you've never heard of Guy Martin . He's never off the telly ! Here's the two of them trying for the Nurburgring van record .
He does seem to have done a lot of documentaries for Channel 4, I've not seen any of them :lol: Worthwhile?

JackieOWheels

Post by JackieOWheels » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:46 pm

That video was brilliant! I loved the lap record by Andy as it was more first hand view but this one had suspense! The car was on fire! :thumb:

fastbob

Post by fastbob » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:11 am

dynax wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:55 pm
125cc wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:04 pm
Just goes to show how much fun can be had on these wee bikes!

Think I may venture out and stretch my wings a bit further once I get my winter gloves in the post. 8-)
With todays modern 125's the reality is these machines are all anyone actually NEEDS, they are suited for every type of riding that being commuting, popping into town a weekend pootle or a full on tour :thumb:
Listen to this with headphones at full volume and you just might begin to understand .

Return to “Scotland Rideouts and Meets”