SW scotland, ride?

Post here all planned ride outs and meets for this area.
Stu
Site Admin
Bike(s): FJR1300 & BMW F650ST
Has liked: 3523 times
Been liked: 3097 times

Re: SW scotland, ride?

Post by Stu » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:28 am

fastbob wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:34 pm
JackieOWheels wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:36 pm
fastbob wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:32 pm
Great Fun on Small Bikes .
Haha! I must admit those small bikes look fun as hell. Now I know what @Stu's riding on his profile pic.
Are they ever road legal or do you only get to ride them in a track?
Well that's an interesting question . When I worked at M&P in Coventry we had a chap called Andy Carlisle working with us on Saturdays and Sundays . We used to sell cheap and nasty Chinese Mini Moto's and Andy bought a yellow one for a laugh . The story goes that he took it for an MOT by walking into the test center with it under his arm in a bin bag . Astonishingly he got a daytime MOT so he started riding it to work on Sunday mornings . He actually used to ride this thing about five miles including going round Coventry Ring Road . I made a vinyl decal of a banana to go on the fairing and I remember that it had a reduced photocopy of the tax disc on the screen . And that's a true story . By the way , Andy Carlisle went on to be the current fastest bike rider around the Nurburgring and became a close friend of Guy Martin .
Sorry fastbob but I'm going to take that with a pinch of salt!

First of all you need frame and engine numbers a V5 an sva test and registration number.

You can't just walk in and get an mot and ride it!
Fines are taxes for doing bad, taxes are fines for doing good.

Up to 25% off insurance Click here for more info

fastbob
Bike(s): Harley Davidson 1200 Roadster
Has liked: 2860 times
Been liked: 3127 times

Re: SW scotland, ride?

Post by fastbob » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:15 pm

Stu wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:28 am
fastbob wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:34 pm
JackieOWheels wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:36 pm

Haha! I must admit those small bikes look fun as hell. Now I know what @Stu's riding on his profile pic.
Are they ever road legal or do you only get to ride them in a track?
Well that's an interesting question . When I worked at M&P in Coventry we had a chap called Andy Carlisle working with us on Saturdays and Sundays . We used to sell cheap and nasty Chinese Mini Moto's and Andy bought a yellow one for a laugh . The story goes that he took it for an MOT by walking into the test center with it under his arm in a bin bag . Astonishingly he got a daytime MOT so he started riding it to work on Sunday mornings . He actually used to ride this thing about five miles including going round Coventry Ring Road . I made a vinyl decal of a banana to go on the fairing and I remember that it had a reduced photocopy of the tax disc on the screen . And that's a true story . By the way , Andy Carlisle went on to be the current fastest bike rider around the Nurburgring and became a close friend of Guy Martin .
Sorry fastbob but I'm going to take that with a pinch of salt!

First of all you need frame and engine numbers a V5 an sva test and registration number.

You can't just walk in and get an mot and ride it!
You're right actually but nonetheless I heard the bin bag part of the story from the MOT tester . Regarding turning up at the shop , that definitely happend because I was there . On reflection I'm surprised Andy would have risked his license because he was an engineering student at the time living 100's of miles from home and bikes were his only transport .

Return to “Scotland Rideouts and Meets”