Horwin CR6

JRH

I suspect battery technology is on the verge of a significant step forward which will make these much better.

Having said that, for the rural roads I ride most of my work on that would do me fine. They're covered in crap and gravel most of the year and they mostly bends and blind corners so I rarely get into higher gears anyway.

Those are probably the lower grade on what is becoming a big market.

The problem with electric motorbikes has been the charging time because you can't "push" power into the battery the same way you can with cars.

A Chinese company went around it with a replaceable battery that you can just take the empty one and plug a full battery.

But for now electric motorbikes will be restricted to city riding until batteries get developed.

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/advice/best/electric-motorbikes/

Something like that with a bit more poke would be an ideal commuter for me in spring, summer. 35 miles each way. A removable battery pack that I could take out and plug in in the office would be even better. Leave it charging all day, pop back in and ride home. My commute then would cost nothing but the maintenance of the vehicle.

Something like that with a bit more poke would be an ideal commuter for me in spring, summer. 35 miles each way. A removable battery pack that I could take out and plug in in the office would be even better. Leave it charging all day, pop back in and ride home. My commute then would cost nothing but the maintenance of the vehicle.

They do do one with a removable battery and indeed space for 2 batteries, however it is the lower end so slower and less range.